Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a 2008 Goldwing GL1800 w/gps etc
I purchased the following from Wingstuff.com
GL1800 Show Chrome Log Lights BB52704
Chrome Front Lower Cowl WS451203
Timing Cover A0451621NU (I haven't added yet)

I used the procedure as described on Steve Saunders #14 I think it was and they went on without a hitch. Added the Lower Cowl and notice about 1/4" of space between the light and the Cowl. Is this normal?

Oh, is there some procedure or guidelines for adjusting the lights or just leave them the way they were set from the factory. Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
imported post

I'm not exactly familiar with that fog-light kit, but some gap is normal on all that I have seen/used.

If the fog lights are adjustable - my EC's are not - all you can do is guess if they are attached to the cowl. If they are attached to the heads you can take the bike out on the street and point them where you want before you put the cowl on.

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

That gap is common. The lower cowl brackets are very thin/bendy and rarely mount in exactly the same way on any two GL1800s.
The only fix is to remove the cowl and slightly bend the brackets so the cowl sits closer to the lights.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks QD and GWNorman. I guess I'm all set. Now I might need to post on what to use on the seats to brighten them up. Most all would make them to slippery I think. You have any idea. Thanks again

·
Administrator
24,655 Posts
imported post

DanMichSr wrote:
Thanks QD and GWNorman. I guess I'm all set. Now I might need to post on what to use on the seats to brighten them up. Most all would make them to slippery I think. You have any idea. Thanks again
Honda vinyl/leather protectant PN# 08740-PC0008

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

If the seats and or black parts of the fairing and such are extremely faded from the sun all the shine em up stuff in the world will only work for a week or so. It soon soaks in, rubs off , or gets washed off in the rain or whatever. Does not last long.

I have used vinyl dye on some really faded stuff. Put it on a cotton ball and very carefully coat the surface you want to bring back to life. Use two or three coats if need be. Let it soak in overnight and coat it again.

Let it dry good and then shine it up with one of the products like Nu vinyl or something.

I have even used regular old paste shoe polish on black parts at times. It will eventually fade again too, but lasts a lot longer than other things. Put it on and buff it off just like shining shoes. But if ya use shoe polish on the seat, do not wear fancy dress pants for a quick trip to the corner gas station.....at least not for a week or so.

Kit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.