Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

How do you stop the windshield from fogging up?

I rode in to work this morning for the first time on the GW. About half way there my windshield fogged up so bad I couldn’t look through it and had to sit up high to look over it. I normally take my Honda shadow into work. On the shadow it is set up to ride by looking over the windshield, so it never bothered me when the windshield and mirrors fogged up on the way in.

I was think of using Fog-X on the windshield, but only after I have tested a spot to make sure not to damage the shield. :baffled:

Does anybody have any other suggests on keeping the shield fog free.

I am also considering have the shield cut down a few inches so I can ride by looking over it. But where do you find a place that can cut the shield without destroying it. :?

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts

·
Bob Cassel
386 Posts
imported post

I had the same problem and in the rain it was no better.

After due research and consideration, I put a shorter windshield on. Now I look just over the top of the shield.

I still have the old one, but I really can't see a reason to keep it. After winter and summer on the bike, the lower shield gives me plenty of protection.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

ChaosandConfusion wrote:
How do you stop the windshield from fogging up?
As they said, a shield you can see over. Nothing will keep it from fogging in high humidity fog.

Just in case you hadn't noticed, your windshield is adjustable. Is it in the fully down position?

John

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
imported post

Chaos&Confusion:
On the inside: either shaving cream or baby shampoo. A tiny amount, buff out until clear.
On the "exterior": If you smoke cigarettes you're "in": Grab a cigarette and rub it against the winshield, the paper will brake and you keep buffing the shield with it (use a couple of fingers only) the tobacco oils will let the water slip/flow, so the faster you go the more the water will tend to run off.

If you don't smoke: Plegde with wax.

I don't know your bike, but on my 1200 Aspen, on the bottom of the windshield, where it fastens to the fairing, it can be adjusted up/down I guess a couple of inches.

·
1,716 Posts
imported post

I dont now your size , but for me it it easy to look ower the windshield ,when it in the lowest pos.( oem shield , and i am almost 6 feet).
off course i cant se the road just in front off the bike , but that doesnt interest me when i ride 60 mph. or more .

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

I haven't tried it yet but I read some where and also read it here recently that Bees wax will work, the same bees wax that Airline pilots use, train conductors etc... Again, I have not tried this yet, but it makes sense.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.