Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I spoke to Bert this morning, he said they had dodged storms through out there entire trip and were scooting out of St. George this morning to beat the rain (the rain we haven't gotten yet) :cheeky1:

He said they were having a good trip, got snowed on over Cedar mountain yesterday, and scooted through here last night, but Mrs. Foodman was tired and just wanted a room, shower, and a bed so we didn't get to meet up with them, but we will catch up with them in Montrose. From here they were heading up to Reno, then home, so we should be hearing from him by Friday or Saturday, but at least we know there safe and having a good time

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Didn't know they were out there on the roads. Glad to hear they are safe though. As it is always nice to hear of a member making a safe journey.

Thanks for the update.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
imported post

I hope they didn't get too wet. The weather around here has been pretty wet for the last week.

Hey, what is Montrose?

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
imported post

clpete wrote:
Hey, what is Montrose?
We all came out to montreux
On the lake geneva shoreline
To make records with a mobile
We didnt have much time
Frank zappa and the mothers
Were at the best place around
But some stupid with a flare gun
Burned the place to the ground
Smoke on the water, fire in the sky

They burned down the gambling house
It died with an awful sound
Funky claude was running in and out
Pulling kids out the ground
When it all was over
We had to find another place
But swiss time was running out
It seemed that we would lose the race

We ended up at the grand hotel
It was empty cold and bare
But with the rolling truck stones thing just outside
Making our music there
With a few red lights and a few old beds
We make a place to sweat
No matter what we get out of this
I know well never forget

:cooldevil::shock:

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

I didn't even know he was out. Got to hear about it all, and of course some pictures to boot.

·
Premium Member
6,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

He's back, did he post anything??? I missed it if he did

·
Premium Member
64,600 Posts
imported post

Well we're home all in one piece thank you.. Missed Big Dog in Hurricane by this -------------much..
We had a great ride.. Other than I missing a turn off due to road construction and ending up all the way to Los Vegas, about a 100 detour. Than having to come back up to Ceder City Utah.. A 400 mile day..
From there we took CJs advice and went to the Ceder Break Park, at almost 11k feet.. Great spot not to missed and a good twisty ride.. Of course with all the rain in the area at that attitude we got snow.. From there down to Highway 12 through Bryce Canyon and some beautiful country and the night in Torrie's.. Across the state parks to Hanksville, Mexican hat and the night at Page.. a lot of straight road but incredible country.. The scenery through here is best described as driving through a picture post card in slow motion.. Next day to Jacob Lake and the North Rim.. Quite a difference from the South rim.. A whole different look.. About 10 miles across to the south side.. Lots of trees and greenery.. We spent about 3 hours here with breath taking views.. Than up back through Zion Park which is an experience in it's self.. And the night in St George.. Back across the desert to Tonopah.. Where we got dumped on by our first real squall.. You only see these on the ocean.. Ten miles wide and a mile across.. On this leg I checked the mileage from one side of a valley to the other.. 22 miles of string straight road.. I hate to say this but Nevada is a little boring.. From Tonopah to Lee Vining where we looked up the father of a young man that flagged us down with a blown engine 60 miles from no where.. Then to Bridge Port and over Sonora Pass and home.. An absolute great trip.. It's incredible what Utah and Arizonian have to offer for the first timer..
We were gone 7 days 6 nights and logged just under 2400 miles.. On the whole trip we only back tracked 44 miles.. One stretch in Nevada was 168 mile of no gas.. I found that you got gas every 150 miles or when we saw a gas station to be on the safe side.. My wife took over navigation after my Bo Bo in Nevada and did a great job of getting in and out of all the small roads to the sights.. The old 1500 never missed a beat the whole trip............

Attachments

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Nice trip report and that is a great picture. Glad it all went smoothly for you. It's reports like these that get me all stirred up. Sept. can't get here soon enough for me. I plan to see some of the same sites , North rim, Zion, Bryce.

·
Premium Member
6,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

Great picture Bert, glad you had a good trip, cant wait till Sept, that might be our first real ride this year the way work is going, I cant seem to get any time off... :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Great trip. I've spent a lot of time around Lake Powell, biked one end ot the other and that is not easy. Love that area, Bryce, Grand Canyon, Zion, I could keep riding in those areas. Good to see you home safe.

·
Premium Member
2,419 Posts
imported post

That is a really great picture. I see that Mama Bear has the death grip on the hand rail. Can't blame her, I'd have both hands on the rail.

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

Sounds like you both had a real good time Foodman..Just curious Was your bobo the extraterestial highway. :Dfrom Alamo to Tonopah ?. JB

·
Premium Member
64,600 Posts
imported post

JBZ
We did come back on the Extraterestial Highway.. But I should have taken highway 6 at Tonopah but got on 95 for Los Vegas.. I thought there was a turn off.. 60 miles it was the point of no return.. In Tonopah they had road construction and the signs were down.. Hello Los Vegas.. That's my excuse and I'm stickin to it..

·
Premium Member
64,600 Posts
imported post

ScooterTramp wrote:
That is a really great picture. I see that Mama Bear has the death grip on the hand rail. Can't blame her, I'd have both hands on the rail.
You're absolutely right she has a death fear of heights..... :action:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.