Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

New GL1500 for me. I like everything about the bike except perhaps the foot position. I'm used to a VTX, with floorboards, heel-toe shifting, and foot position far forward of the seat. On the Goldwing, my feet are tucked under me. Has anyone found a way to lower the foot pegs, or move them forward? I do have hiway pegs, but can't do the brake or shift from there.....

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

You can get floorboards and a heal/toe shifter for your 1500. It would only change your foot position a little bit.

John

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
imported post

Welcome SailorKane! I have hiway pads on the engine guards, they are nice, like anything, you get used to it.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,793 Posts
imported post

I had highway pegs on the engine guards on my '94. Okay for cruising on the freeway, but if close to traffic, I always put my feet back on the pegs.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
imported post

You can get driver floorboards for the 1500's that are comfortable. I had a set of Show Chrome floorboards on my 89, they were very comfortable. But with that comfort you give up cornering ability. Those boards would drag more than not. You can also get floorboards that dont drag but are to high and dont put your feet any farther foward.

I ended up with the highway boards that connect to the engine guards. There are alot of variations. There are also highway pegs as well switchblade pegs. They have the kind that have a verticle mount that secures between the upper and lower bars on the engine guard or the kind that mount to the lower engine guard. What works best for you depends on your height and your personal preference.

Attachments

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,841 Posts
imported post

I know forward controls for a Wing have been discussed in the past, but I don't think anybody had come up with a workable solution. The opposing cylinder engine gets in the way of where the controls and boardswould be.

The highway pegs/boards can really increase your comfort when you are doing long distance though. Some people really like boards in place of the stock pegs too, for more foot positions. One brand of cruise pegs that some really like are Mick-O-Pegs. They give a lot of options for foot position.

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.