Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have an 02 and cannot find an answer to my question. Will the foot warmers on the newer models fit the older bikes? Has anyone tried it? I know the control would be a problem, but I can overcome that. A yes or no would do. Thanks

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
imported post

I know that the lower fairings where the toe warmer doors are located are different only because the non-door lower fairings are separated by designations of 2001-2005 and 2006-2008. Other than that I have no idea.

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
imported post

classic wrote:
I have an 02 and cannot find an answer to my question. Will the foot warmers on the newer models fit the older bikes? Has anyone tried it? I know the control would be a problem, but I can overcome that. A yes or no would do. Thanks
Anything can be made to fit. You would need the two lower fairings plus the new 06 top panel. This may be a problem on the 02 as it is different. In fact the more I think about it you would need the whole of the top shelter including glove boxes etc.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

They will bolt up but you have no way to control the doors on your '02.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks Jackjohn.

I think I can mount the control on the lower right panel. I just needed to know if they would bolt up.

Thanks again

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

yea, right, whatever.globetrotter wrote:
classic wrote:
Anything can be made to fit. You would need the two lower fairings plus the new 06 top panel. This may be a problem on the 02 as it is different. In fact the more I think about it you would need the whole of the top shelter including glove boxes etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.