Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Village Whack Job...
7,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I met a really awesome guy (and his wife) today (towed their Jeep Wagoneer) who has a product that I just had to share with you guys.

It's a device that lets you pair yer phone or mp3 player of choice with ANY radio, without any modification of the radio. I thought it was perfect for those of us with the older Wings with the old Clarion systems. I saw it in use on a bone stock '64 Tempest with the original factory radio. By the way the Tempest is his daily driver.

Best thing about it, it's made right here in Wisconsin. It's called the RediRad and here is a link to his site.

www.rediscoverradio.com

For a limited time you can get free domestic shipping with the promo code; DRIVEN

I suggested he join the forum, hopefully he will and will be available to answer any questions.

·
Registered
239 Posts
most of these things require you to find an unused space on the dial, the problem we have here is finding an unused space that stays tuned in without fading out. this type that takes over the tuned channel my cure this problem.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
This is great for people that have vintage cars with just AM radios in them. This idea is not new and has been around for a several decades. What sets this apart from most if not all other products like this is that it works on the AM band. That's why it works with many old cars. A lot of old card never had and AM/FM radio - just AM.

If you were to use this particular product on your Wing or any vehicle that has an FM or FM stereo radio, you would be missing out on sound quality.

First of all AM is a mono signal... no left and right channel. You would get a blend of both and you would loose the ambiance of the music. On top of that the frequency range is quite poor... at best it is capable of reproducing a 15khz tone but would be pretty garbled up.

This is the reason why all other signal injectors and broadcasters use FM. You get much much better sound quality.

But if your in an old car... with just AM... this is a moot point.

If you have to use one of these for your Goldwing, make sure you get an FM version and one that is a signal injector that goes between your antenna and the radio and not the broadcast ones. The broadcast ones have signals that drift all over the place and have poorer audio quality but still better than AM.

Tim

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
DeanBW,

If you pick up any of the signal injectors it will eliminate the problem of finding a "space on the dial".

When they get "turned on" they remove the connection to the antenna and inject the audio to the radio via the antenna input as a quality, pure signal. There will be no interference from other stations as the radio can't find any due to having no antenna.

Tim

·
Village Whack Job...
7,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Um guys, check the website, he offers an FM version as well. And it cuts the signal from the antenna so there is no radio interference.

Regardless of your system, 6v/12v am/fm, p/n ground there is a RediRad that will work for you.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
I didn't see where he had an FM version. I was more drawn to the AM side of things along with the old cars. :)

Certainly the FM side of things are the way to go (ideally FM Stereo) and provide a good option to add an audio input to Goldwing stereo with very little fuss.

Tim

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm interested in an AM version for my dads 70s AM radio vw beetle. Anyone have experience with this technology or company? Hate to be the Guinea pig!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Village Whack Job...
7,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm interested in an AM version for my dads 70s AM radio vw beetle. Anyone have experience with this technology or company? Hate to be the Guinea pig!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is a 60 day money back guarantee.As well as a two year parts and labor warranty. Also...I know where he lives!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.