Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I have the complete wiring harness (and complete engine)for a 1985 GL1200LTD. I want to bench test this engine out of the frame and I can figure out what just about everything on the harness is for except for one component. It's a black plastic box a little larger than a large pack of cigarettes that has a single red indicator light next to the multi pin connector. The connector has a large flexible cover that seals to the black box.

Does anyone know what this black box is and what is its function?

Sure would like to find out.

Vic

·
Senior Guru
4,298 Posts
imported post

Whereabouts on the loom is that box? It might be a late style wig-wag, if it's on the rear portion. For brake light. Is it a molded block? That would be further proof.

·
Senior Guru
4,298 Posts
imported post

The cruise control module is somewhat larger than a pack of cigs. But it has that kind of connector/seal. That would be mid point. Kind of an oval appearance on one end.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
imported post

Would it be the diagnostic box that mounts under the trunk, you know the one that gives the different LED readings for different faults?

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

That one is quite large Eamonn1200almost the size of a hardcover book. The one I make reference to is just a bit larger than a large pack of cigarrettes and has only one red indicator light on it. I'm pretty sure it is the cruise control module, but, need the supplemental manual to verify that.

Vic

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.