Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a Wineberry 1982 Goldwing GL1100 Interstate with everything included. I had another post yesterday but have decided to focus on selling this one for now.

Included in the sale is the trunk, both saddlebags, the fairing, the trailer hitch, and all the parts the PO took off since he began to get into it. I believe all brackets to be present. Engine guards are also included. The title lists it as having 27K and the odometer states 23+K. The engine looks clean and tight but needs polish (as does the rest of the bike). The carbs are off and are pictured. Airbox is out too and is included. I have not tried to run power to this. I know it will need brake work-probably a master rebuild but the brakes are not seized. I do believe this can be a runner with some work.

Please feel free to ask me any questions and I will answer to the best of my ability. I purchased this just the other day with intentions to get it running but I don't think I'm going to have the time I originally was hoping for as I'm changing jobs.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh-something I forgot to mention-the air shocks are blown and will need to be rebuilt as well. Again, this should be considered a project, not a turn-key.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Few more things to mention: Please know that the bike obviously needs a wash and I live in the North so I can't really take a hose to anything yet (nor would I until the carbs are buttoned back up!). Also, if you're loosely interested, send me a PM. I'm negotiable and very reasonable.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweetening the pot a bit here: I will include a 1981 parts bike (no title) for a firm price of $850 for BOTH. The parts bike is mostly complete and is missing shocks and odds and ends. It does not have original exhaust. Engine and carbs are all present, speedometer and tach are missing, no front headlight, etc. Again, this would be a parts bike, but all engine and major associated components are there.

To any mods that may see this-is there a way to change the title of the post to reflect that it's now TWO bikes instead of the one?

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lowered price of Wineberry bike with title-$600 takes all you see in the pics. If I don't sell it soon, thinking of parting out or keeping it. Get in touch if you're interested!

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
I think that's an '83.

That looks like a 150mph speedo, only available on the '83.
That's a Trac anti-dive front end, again only available on the '83.
The Lester front wheel is also form the '83.
And I think those wider foot pegs only came on the '83.

But the rear Comstar wheel is from an '82.

If it is an '82 I'm betting it was crashed (probably hard) and the front end replaced with '83 parts.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well drat, I hope that isn't the case, but the date on the frame definitely reads 1982. I have no history on this thing as I bought it nearly blind out of a shed, thought I was getting a good deal, but I didn't know all the details you've listed above. I noticed the differences with my 1980 GL 1100 (twin pot calipers, the front end as you mentioned, the 150 speedo, the wide footpegs) but I just chalked it up to being the interstate model and a later year in general. I had just thought that maybe they had to replace the rear (or front) rim for whatever reason.

Possible lesson learned. What would you say it's worth?

Oh and a sidenote to you: I know I've seen posts from you on the forum before regarding air shocks. My bikes air shocks are blown and need to be rebuilt-how much do you charge to do this? Or is it something you could point me to a DIY on the forum or walk me through? I have some old style shocks on it right now and they keep bottoming out over bumps. Was really hoping to get that settled before I start the season.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.