Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

OK im not a bike mechanic and i dont have either the time money or interest in resolving issues on this older bike . It runs pretty well , tires are good, new battery ,new timing belts and rear brake pads .

Iv rode it about 400 miles this year . I bought it at an auction and dont know any history of it .

The motor has a odd sound ,dealer said its carbon , guys on here have gave suggestions , thread here along with a vid clip so you can hear it .

Iv been honest about the bike so heres the link about the problem http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=68059&forum_id=1&jump_to=708830#p708830

A photo of it . Date on pic is not accurate , thats a camera glitch . photoiscurrent .

You can start it , ride it prior to buying it . Just getting my investment back , theres room to do a lot more and not be over its value . Ill give this a few days before i put it on craigs list .

$1,500.00

If interested ill pm you my phone number . Im in west branch Mi.

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
imported post

sandcastcb750 wrote:
I listened to the video, thought an exhaust rattle.
i listened. had a 1100 with that same noise. when the motor finally failed i found what it was. a rod bearing bolt had been loose and finally fell out.

good looking bike, why not change the motor?

mark:waving:

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Why not change the motor ?

Well honestly i have to many toys . I all ready have a V star i bought new , i refuse to get rid of it seems i bought it new . My busy season starts in about a week and its going to end up just sitting here .

Some body makes me a resonable offer they own it .

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
imported post

Dragon wagon wrote:
Why not change the motor ?

Well honestly i have to many toys . I all ready have a V star i bought new , i refuse to get rid of it seems i bought it new . My busy season starts in about a week and its going to end up just sitting here .

Some body makes me a resonable offer they own it .
i can understand. give it a little while, i'm sure someone will want that beautiful bike.

its definately worth making road ready. good luck,

mark:waving:

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
imported post

I must be new to this but an 84 GL1200 boby work does'nt look like that..Is that some kind of after market set up or a 1200 engine in an 1100 frame?

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
imported post

Does it so that under a load while running down the road?

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

its a standard gold wing with honda hard bags put on it . title says 84 , i have no reason to think its not .

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

eekjones wrote:
Does it so that under a load while running down the road?
The noise seems to float around , only hear it over 2500 rpms , riding it , it only happened with you gave it a little throttle , now is seems only if you float the throttle , not pulling or letting off .

Regading the other post above , im new to wings as well .

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

Dragon wagon wrote:
its a standard gold wing with honda hard bags put on it . title says 84 , i have no reason to think its not .
yes its a rather rare 84 standard and a very nice lookin one at that. JB

·
IBA Member
373 Posts
imported post

That knocking sounds to me like a lower end problem such as a worn rod bearing. I had a car once with that same sound and at 75mph on the highway I threw that rod through the bottom of the oil pan. Nice looking standard with aftermarket tuperware, good luck with it!

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

If I had the time and money I would buy it and that 1100 engine that Flyone and SB in SC has for sale...But funds are not there but if someone had the funds this would be a keeper..Nice looking bike.....

Claude.....

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
imported post

Too bad ya gotta sell, or I'd love ta trade my 1100 fer Her love the pinstripping, and I just tinker around with all the grease monkey work that I can, lovin it!:action:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.