Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay... (deep breath) here goes...

1998 Honda 1500C Valkyrie Standard/Tourer...

The VIN on this bike built in May of 1997 confirms that it is indeed a standard but is dressed nicely as a tourer.

I am the second owner. I bought the bike through consignment from his widow. Due to extensive internet research, it has what appears to be Champion Hard Bags. The PO obviously paid top dollar for these colour matched bags. The windshield is the Honda OEM with the OEM driving lights.

Runs excellent, looks good... needs good home.

It's easier just to post a bullet list of features:

Current Milage:50k-ish
Colour matched Champion hard bags
Honda OEM clear windshield and driving lights w/inside pockets.
Six fuse accessory block that shuts off when the ignition is off.
ALL exteraneous accessories/lighting are routed through this block. No invasion of the OEM harness.
Expanded rear LED stop and tail lights. (Relayed from the accessory block.)
A Rivco centerstand with a custom made pull handle.
A darkside Goodyear Triple Tread rear tire. (Many, many miles left.)
Nut job performed at that time.
Marathon 800 front tire.
Rear spline service recently performed.
Baker Air Wings (Clear)
Belts replaced at: 43K
Valves recently set.
Ultimate King Boy seat
Kurakyn Side Pegs
Brand New AGM battery
New wheel bearing on from and rear at: 43K
New brake pads all round at: 43K
Newly replaced alt cover.

Asking $6200.00

For those around the forum who know me, you have probably seen this bike in a lot of my of my pictures.

Most of the work I have performed over the last few years is pretty well documented online at my website:

Culleynet.com

Or you can see gobs of pictures here:

http://www.culleynet.com/gallery/index.php/Motorcycles/1998-Valkyrie

Or here:

http://www.culleynet.com/gallery/index.php/The-Road/2011/Spring-Ride

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Mentally unstable owner though for selling.;)
Yes I noticed that! :ROFL:

I been wanting a Valkyrie myself for awhile.
I offer 2 diggers and a 95SE with bad 4th. :ROFL:

Wish I had the money to really think about this one serious!

Sending you a PM Randy.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump for a nice ride. Mentally unstable owner though for selling.;)
Actually, I have what I feel are several, very valid reasons for selling.

1. The bike is in pretty good working order now. I even have the parts to redo the forks but just haven't gotten to that yet. Let's face it... this thing is a total piece of eye candy. Basically it is "tricked out" as much as I can afford to make it. That's just the issue. This thing is just a bit too much of a collector's bike for me. I'm a teacher and of limited means, as this thing ages parts are likely to be come increasingly rare and therefore increasingly expensive. This bike needs a sugar daddy that loves it far more than I do.

2. I have never really "taken too" the Valkyrie like I did my Wing. Sure, this thing will twist the tire off the rim and blaze a trail from here to hell paved entirely with the dead bodies of Burgman riders... but... that's not really how I ride is it? I'm sort of a pokey, wandering type of rider and a bike like this just seems sort of wasted on me. This bike wants to rock and roll.

3. If I have the choice... and I usually do... I will nearly always choose to ride the wing over the Valk. For me, a pudgy,fat, white guy... this thing is pretty much just for collecting style points. It excels at that.

4. On my best day EVER... best EV-ER... this thing gets about 25 MPG. Most of the time it's about 22... in a heavy head wind it gets about 12. With a four gallon tank that is a pretty narrow margin for a guy that spends as much time as I do farting around in the backwaters of the American Southwest. It makes for some scary moments.

When I first saw this bike, it had two flat tires and a dead battery and had been sitting outside under a tarp for over a year. (Just like I like 'em...) I bought it... ripped it apart... lovingly cleaned, polished and replaced what needed to be replaced. Lubed and wiped, and wiped... and wiped... and wiped... and wiped... and wiped. I spent days just shining the wheels. I even replaced a good number of the fasteners with OEM Honda bolts I ordered one by one from Cyclemax... just because they were still available..

It's gorgeous! It's as clean as almost any Valk, I have ever seen. It runs great and really needs a good loving home from a family that can provide for it's needs better than I can.

I have given this great thought. My work here is done... it was fun! I have a gob load of sexy pictures. But it's time for me recover at least part of my investment and move on to other projects.

This bike is no longer a homeless stray. It is a prancing stallion. I have trained it to hold it front legs aloft for just a millisecond too long. Holding the pose! Dancing for the cameras. It knows what love is... and responds positively to love.

Long term, it is ready for a better home than I can hope to provide. For me it is not about the money... although there is a lower threshold number.

I am in no real hurry or need to sell. I have a warm comfortable stable here and a burlap sack full of apples. But...

Some where out there... someone is destined for a "Rock Your World" sort of relationship with this ride.

I'm your huckleberry!

There is some wiggle room in the price... depending on what parts and accessories you might want included.

T

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Great write up for a great bike.

Many of the points you mentioned are same or worse here for me which is why I don't really need such a great bike.
Hard enough to keep the wing cleaned up decent.
I live 3/4 mile on a dirt road. If I had that beautiful machine I'd have to clean it each time I road it home, and each time I head out on a ride I'd have to stop and clean it when I got to town LOL
Just can't park or ride something that nice with dust or mud on it from a dirt road! LOL

I sure do like it though!

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll post another picture! Just because I can... without overtly taxing the forum resources one iota...

This is The Beast... parked along the shoulder headed northward along Texas Hwy 118. That uplift in the background is the Kokernot Mesa...

Makes me wanna bark like a dog!

Ruff, ruff, ruff ruff, ruff...

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
hate to see you sell her. i just got me another valkyrie. in the process of mounting 1100 wing saddle bags and trunk on her and painting to match. i regret getting rid of the last 1 i had and am planning on keeping this black beauty.
good luck with your sell and ride safe.
mark:waving:

·
Registered
49 Posts
I can't imagine your bad gas miliage.I have a 02 valk standard with full windshield and bags.I went for a cruise yesterday with my wife and used 3.08 gallons of reg.gas and had 119 miles on the speedo.Almost 40mpg.usually I get about 33 when riding alone at highway speeds.BTW beautiful bike

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Considering it's age, it could 'prolly do with a carb re-do. Nor have I managed to synch it... it has SIX carbs. I'll probably get to that in the late summer when it is so blisteringly hot here no one moves.

As I said: It's for sale.... but i am not going to turn this baby over to just ANY buyer.

You will have to prove yourself worthy... know what you are getting into and show me you have adequate means to provide for it's ongoing needs.

T

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Considering it's age, it could 'prolly do with a carb re-do. Nor have I managed to synch it... it has SIX carbs. I'll probably get to that in the late summer when it is so blisteringly hot here no one moves.

As I said: It's for sale.... but i am not going to turn this baby over to just ANY buyer.

You will have to prove yourself worthy... know what you are getting into and show me you have adequate means to provide for it's ongoing needs.

T
Have you drawn up adoption papers for the future adoptive owner????:readit:
:waving:

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts

T
Are you offering a dowry to the buyer who takes her title in Holy Wedlock.
Promise to Love Honor and ride her till sale do them part.

:ROFL:

With this key I do wed
I now pronounce you Man and Bike, you may now start the ride.
And then the white doves fly! :ROFL:

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Are you offering a dowry to the buyer who takes her title in Holy Wedlock.
Promise to Love Honor and ride her till sale do them part.

:ROFL:

With this key I do wed
I now pronounce you Man and Bike, you may now start the ride.
And then the white doves fly! :ROFL:
Is that a shotgun sticking out under your slicker sir?
:shock:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.