Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Because I have my own web hosting solution and because I am posting this on multiple MC forums... it is easier for me to create one ad at my own site and link to it from here.

1998 Honda Valkyrie Standard
Dressed as a Tourer
Excellent shape
Lots of extra parts, manuals, and add-ons
$5300

Lots more HERE!

Travis

P.S. 06.01.13: I was really hoping for a quick sale to someone who really understood and wanted this bike. Someone within the Steve Saunders family... but alas... I have finally had to seek a "general public" listing on Craigslist/Ebay/Cycletrader.

Because the market has now expanded to include the truly ignorant, the price is now far more negotiable. Because on these venues price is the single most important element,,, I am now being forced to negotiate... bicker... barter... probably with people that are a lot less educated about what they are buying.

I am lousy at negotiating.

That means I now have hike the price to $5500. (Just so I can come down and "appear" to be flexible.) I have stripped off all the accessories, the cool leather seat, the CB/Music system, the Highway pegs so I can sell them separately to compensate for what I will loose in the negotiation process.

Crap! I was hoping to avoid all this unpleasantness.

T

UPDATE 06.02.13: The bike sold in one day after I raised the price and stripped off all the accessories... who knew?

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
2 Questions.......

Does it have a car tire?

Does it have Deer Whistles?

Nice looking bike!

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. Yes! It has a Goodyear Triple Tread CT. Fact is... having rubbed shoulders with more than just a few Valkers out there... I do not know too many Valkyries that aren't running a CT.

2. No, it does not have deer whistles. I do not think those things work. I usually just slow down and shout loudly at deer.

T

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Last call for an absolutely lovely bike at a phenomenal price.

Once the Memorial day weekend is over I will have no choice but to list it on Ebay/Craigslist.

The price will go up $300 and the J&M Audio System will come off and get sold separately.

T

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
May 1997 production date is interesting...are you able to say whether that means you have one of the juiced up first year motors?

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
May 1997 production date is interesting...are you able to say whether that means you have one of the juiced up first year motors?
I am unsure of what you call the "juiced up" motor... personally I am not the Valkyrie die hard many owners are. I will say this bike has more juice than any bike I've ever straddled.

As for the details, you'll have to do more research than me... did you make the jump to the ad at my site? There is a link there to deciphering the VIN. The VIN on this bike is:

1HFSC340XWA100269

I do know that the 1997 year model was VERY limited... and within a very short period they started calling them 98's even though they were actually made in early 97'. It still appears this bike was in the very first run of the blue and creme models. I am not sure if you know that the blue and the creme are separated by a thin pinstripe of orange... even on those after market bags. Someone paid big money to have those bags painted to match the bike. Those Champion Liberty Bags aren't cheap...

http://www.sideroadcycles.com/AmericanMotorcycles/Hard_Bags/C50_Boulevard_Liberty.html

They have changed the style a bit since they were made, but a guy at Champion told me they were theirs bags. He seemed more interested in the mounting hardware than the actual bags themselves.

No doubt about it... it's a sexy beast that needs a good home.

T

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Wow, what's left to say about your one of the best Valkyries I've seen. I feel the same about my pristine 2000 GW SE. Just turned 103K & runs with the best of them. If interested in a trade, let me know. My knees are going & I'm concerned about not being flatfooted on the GW. That is the only reason I'd let her go.
Ron

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry... I am motorcycle poor over here.

Basically, I am looking to recup at least part of the cash I have in this bike. We back up to the I-35 corridor and have had a series of home invasions and petty theft in the garage and backyard lately... the last happened while I was sitting in the same room. We have very bold criminals here!

I am looking to button up the rear perimeter with a privacy board fence and a automatic gate.

I moved the shotgun out to the garage and keep it loaded and close at hand! Sometime i keep the 9mm just to the right of my mouse.

T

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
That is, without a doubt, one beautiful beast! If I was able, finacially, I'd buy it just to stare at!!!!!!!! Someone is gonna freak on that bike. Super nice job, and good luck. She is worth every penny, and then some! jimsjinx

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks... it really is a very nice ride, with a lot of parts and goodies at a very competitive price..

I am school teacher and we are just about done... as soon as summer gets here I am gonna remove the J&M system jack the price $300 and list it on Craigslist.

That way I have some wiggle room on the price.

I will say that MC guys are so strange... over and over again all I hear folks moaning about wanting Valkyrie... then when I actually list mine... everyone's too poor!

T

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just cranked the old girl and took a long romp around the hood. Came home... pulled it into the Culley Cave. Pulled the door down and stood outside having a beer while I listen to the area dogs barking aimlessly...

I never get tired of riding this girl.

"Manly, yes... but I like it too!"

T

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have just revised the pricing... and opted for my secondary marketing plan. I can no lonbger honour the price of $5200.

See the original post for details.

The bike is now stripped of all accessories and publicly listed at $5500.

T

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bam!

Sold!

Crazy... raise the price, sell the bike! It's nothing short of crazy!

My bike is going to Wichita, Kansas.

T

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.