Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Update: I got the bolt out of the head with no head damage whatsoever!. The problem was the top #1 and #2 bolts are longer than the others, and I thought I had them in correct order. I will order another new heat shield gasket Monday. I got the 2nd longer bolt out of my parts bike.

New belts, Tires, Seat, windshild, Lots of chrome. Nice Bike. My nerves are fracking wrecked. I cannot hear well out of either ear, and my new torque wrench clicks when it hits its torque, and my neighbor was holloring at the other, and I just did not hear it click. When I put the camshaft back in, I am going to make sure the doors are shut so I can hear it click on my Torque Wrench. Talking about NOT Pi--ed Off Now, What a relief! I put a new head gasket on it. I am going to make sure the bolts are in the correct place this time. Other than this, It ran very well before I pulled the head off, because I was getting water in the oil. Head is properly torqued, at 40ft lbs, (I double checked them. Put a new honda OEM head Gasket on it.

I have more pics if needed. 1st $2500.00 gets it after I get it completed. Worth $3500.00 easy. (When I get the heat shield gasket in, I just moight keep it, Lol)

Thanks,

David

P.S. Below is the easy side I was putting it on. Simple job. Head/valves areOk according to the local auto parts.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.