Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Photobucket address added at the end of this post.

For Sale is a GL 1200 Aspencade is running and driving right now. It is just back from the mechanic and has a new choke cable and the carbs have been synced. New air and fuel filter installed along with new front tire. Rear tire was replaced less than 500 miles ago, last fall. All brake pads and rotors were pronounced OK at that time.Ihave title, (it may beIndiana salvage title. I can check)Damage: bike was dropped before I bought it, that is why I could afford an Aspencade at that time. the left mirror took the worst of it and the fairing is broken there. the mirror is still attached but there is a hunk of fairing missing. A color matching fairing from CA is available/included in price. Seat has small areas (2) where it needs restitched on seam. the bike has passenger floor boards and the air compressor works the adjustable rear shocks. overall paint is about a 7, I have seen much worse. Some Paint has come off the front of the front fender and there is a chrome piece on the rear. The fairing louvers are chrome pieces installedover paint. There are some misc. scratches and the false tank cover could use a new gasket where the halves join together.One saddle bag lid is missing in the correct color, but 2 gray ones (85 interstate) are included. Bike has extra chrome and lights.(add ons) left crash bar was scratched but not bent. I have a replacement one with matching foot rest (floorboard style) included. it might even be installed if he gets time before he has to leave for some Honda gathering in OH. (mechanic is waiting for choke cable at this time.) The battery cover (left) has disappeared but is included IF I can locate it.Ilaid it aside when installing aNEW battery this spring..has not needed battery charger yet this season. The STATOR imaybe a little weak, but as I said, battery is holding up so far. Last one lasted 2 seasons. There is a CB, but I do not know if it works, I do not have helmet intercoms even though the hook ups are there. The am/fm/cassette player worked last season but volume dropped a little this spring...I have another power amp module that goes with the bike. Wind shield was replaced at beginnng of last season along with turn signal chrome trim on left side. Digital dash and trip odometer work fine.

The mechanic took it on a 40 mile round trip and says it runs out fine and is a solid bike for the age. He sees a lot of bikes and thinks I am in the right price range for our area since I am including the fairing.

Reason for selling: need bike with reverse...That 1500 in Scranton PA owned by member on here looks great, but I need to sell this one first. I am asking $1995.00 but price is negotiable. It can be seen 10 miles N of Kokomo IN but call first. it is insured, and plated and Iam riding it now. Approx 85K miles. ?'s...please ask!! Thanks for looking. http://s1115.photobucket.com/albums/k552/bblue2/

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

bump with photobucket link to 4 photos taken last fall. Looks better in the photos than in person. once it is back from the shop I can email specific photos as requested. PRICE TOO HIGH? It is hard to price these, prices are all over the place. I understand a deal is desired so I will bargain..thanks deputyb;)

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Price lowered....am I anywhere close? let me know. would really like to sell.

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
imported post

That is one pretty lady. If we had it we would be all over it. LOL Spend enough keeping our 83 running.

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
imported post

Ride it like it's stolen brother. If Brandi and I can get back on after a head on collision and broken bones, EVERYONE can ride!!! Keep her in the garage my friend, then mount up and haul ass!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.