Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
ɹoᴉuǝS ɯoʇsnƆ
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, the bike should be considered a "barn find" because it has been sitting for several years, was running like a sewing machine when parked, everything worked. 68k miles on it. Ride-off center stand {I know, you don't need it with the hack attached but it is there} and will include the stock one. Cornering lights converted to full time running lights with halogen bulbs. Showing some chrome corrosion now. It threw me off in a parking lot one to many times, no damage, {guess I'm just getting to old for the weight}. The last time broke my wrist and don't want to risk hurting my wife! I decided to put a sidecar on it.

Got a friendship III hack and 100% redid it, {have photo history of the rebuild if you want to see them}, painted it to match the bike. It is 99.9% done, just have to install the new "glass" {lexan} shield and side glass {cost me $600 !!!}. Have the parts, new smoked colored. All new wiring with LED lights. Added a foot step to make it easier to enter. Added outlets in the cockpit as well as in the trunk, {trunk outlet wired so you can recharge stuff while the bike is turned off}. New wire harness will be needed to be run from the bike. Wires are labeled so you will know what wire is what. Has a canvas top for inclement weather. I have all the hardware needed to attach the hack to the bike, just haven't completed the marriage. Reinforced aluminum braces underneath to add strength.

The trailer has been 100% redone. The photo does not show the second level rack. All made from aluminum welded together with the second level removable. The first level for your cooler. I wanted to get the pet carrier up higher off the ground out of exhaust and road spray etc. All new wires and harness. 3 new tires and wheels, replaced the 6" with 8". New hitch.

Have a few extra pieces to go with it. A coolers with cover mounted on a hitch receiver.

Relocation halted my progress and I now don't have the time nor facilities to complete this project.

$5000.00 for all !!! Will NOT separate.

Buyer responsible for pick up or making any shipping arrangements, I'm near Gandeeville, WV 25243.

Message me and I can give you my phone # so I can answer any questions and or send you more photos.

·
ɹoᴉuǝS ɯoʇsnƆ
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Think I'm asking to much? Or, just something only a few would be interested in?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Seems a decent price for the package, but I think the bundle will have limited appeal....

Spring isn't here yet, you are likely to get more nibbles in coming months....

·
ɹoᴉuǝS ɯoʇsnƆ
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
John, I clicked like 'cause there isn't a "sad" button.

Thanks guys for the response.

·
Administrator
25,048 Posts
A very limited market for something like that, not many interested in a sidecar and 1500s are going pretty cheap nowadays. Also since it hasn't ran for as you said several years it will have problems. 1500s don't have a clutch cable BTW.

·
ɹoᴉuǝS ɯoʇsnƆ
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Make an offer please !

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
If I had the money, I would jump at that. Am looking for something like that to get my knees back in the wind. But unfortunately this oldbroad is 73 & on a tiny gov pension (just under 1700 dollars Cnd/mo.) & no credit. I sure miss Baby Blue. Biggest mistake of my life was selling her. I can only afford 2 bills a month 🇨🇦 & it would take the rest of my life to pay it off. 😫🤗

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Dave 0430 wrote 1500s are going pretty cheap nowadays.
Not in Calif. I was looking for a nice used 1500 wing. Craigslist has a couple but none are what I consider a good price.
a 96 for $4500

a 98 for $4000
a 96 for $4500

·
Administrator
58,488 Posts
it is all about location and what the buyer will pay.

those folks can ask $4500 if they want, but it is doubtful the final sale will be that much in today's market.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts