Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
ɹoᴉuǝS ɯoʇsnƆ
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, the bike should be considered a "barn find" because it has been sitting for several years, was running like a sewing machine when parked, everything worked. 68k miles on it. Ride-off center stand {I know, you don't need it with the hack attached but it is there} and will include the stock one. Cornering lights converted to full time running lights with halogen bulbs. Showing some chrome corrosion now. It threw me off in a parking lot one to many times, no damage, {guess I'm just getting to old for the weight}. The last time broke my wrist and don't want to risk hurting my wife! I decided to put a sidecar on it.

Got a friendship III hack and 100% redid it, {have photo history of the rebuild if you want to see them}, painted it to match the bike. It is 99.9% done, just have to install the new "glass" {lexan} shield and side glass {cost me $600 !!!}. Have the parts, new smoked colored. All new wiring with LED lights. Added a foot step to make it easier to enter. Added outlets in the cockpit as well as in the trunk, {trunk outlet wired so you can recharge stuff while the bike is turned off}. New wire harness will be needed to be run from the bike. Wires are labeled so you will know what wire is what. Has a canvas top for inclement weather. I have all the hardware needed to attach the hack to the bike, just haven't completed the marriage. Reinforced aluminum braces underneath to add strength.

The trailer has been 100% redone. The photo does not show the second level rack. All made from aluminum welded together with the second level removable. The first level for your cooler. I wanted to get the pet carrier up higher off the ground out of exhaust and road spray etc. All new wires and harness. 3 new tires and wheels, replaced the 6" with 8". New hitch.

Have a few extra pieces to go with it. A coolers with cover mounted on a hitch receiver.

Relocation halted my progress and I now don't have the time nor facilities to complete this project.

$4500.00 for all !!! Will NOT separate.

Buyer responsible for pick up or making any shipping arrangements, I'm near Gandeeville, WV 25243.

Message me and I can give you my phone # so I can answer any questions and or send you more photos.

·
ɹoᴉuǝS ɯoʇsnƆ
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Think I'm asking to much? Or, just something only a few would be interested in?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Seems a decent price for the package, but I think the bundle will have limited appeal....

Spring isn't here yet, you are likely to get more nibbles in coming months....

·
ɹoᴉuǝS ɯoʇsnƆ
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
John, I clicked like 'cause there isn't a "sad" button.

Thanks guys for the response.

·
Administrator
25,336 Posts
A very limited market for something like that, not many interested in a sidecar and 1500s are going pretty cheap nowadays. Also since it hasn't ran for as you said several years it will have problems. 1500s don't have a clutch cable BTW.

·
ɹoᴉuǝS ɯoʇsnƆ
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Make an offer please !

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
If I had the money, I would jump at that. Am looking for something like that to get my knees back in the wind. But unfortunately this oldbroad is 73 & on a tiny gov pension (just under 1700 dollars Cnd/mo.) & no credit. I sure miss Baby Blue. Biggest mistake of my life was selling her. I can only afford 2 bills a month ?? & it would take the rest of my life to pay it off. ??

·
Premium Member
1,523 Posts
Dave 0430 wrote 1500s are going pretty cheap nowadays.
Not in Calif. I was looking for a nice used 1500 wing. Craigslist has a couple but none are what I consider a good price.
a 96 for $4500

a 98 for $4000
a 96 for $4500

·
Administrator
58,729 Posts
it is all about location and what the buyer will pay.

those folks can ask $4500 if they want, but it is doubtful the final sale will be that much in today's market.

·
ɹoᴉuǝS ɯoʇsnƆ
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Price reduced to $4500 OBO

·
ɹoᴉuǝS ɯoʇsnƆ
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have not, not a member but could join.

I'm really having second thoughts about selling. Reason being, the sidecar and trailer are "better than new" and I am building a sizable garage and will have room for this project soon.

Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
6 Posts
From what I see offered your rig is a great bargain. When I bought my first rig I wish I could of found this kind of deal. Good luck on selling it. It' sad we have the mess we are going through right now. As you say you are having second thoughts about selling that might mean you need to keep it till you either find some one that will pay what its worth or you just might ride it. Side cars are fun. Take care,
Don Mitchell
bellville,tx

1 - 15 of 15 Posts