Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Looks perfect for a harley.
Not many trailers are built well enough for the amount of use a Harley can give it........:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
I was gonna add to advertise it as a Harley trailer.

Very, very few Goldwing owners use a trailer to haul their bike around. Kinda against an unspoken code of conduct.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
.....Very, very few Goldwing owners use a trailer to haul their bike around. Kinda against an unspoken code of conduct.
I bought this trailer to have one in case my bike were to brake down. Yes, there, I said it.

Due to one of those 'fancy' sealed batterys, a few years back, I had to borrow a trailer to haul my Wing home one night. After that I wanted my own and got one. It was not as nice as this one, but it there if I needed it, but never did.

As I mentioned, I now have a different trailer now for the job.

Also, from time to time, I find and fix older Hondas, and this trailer was great for that as well, as is my new one.

In addition, I see nothing wrong with using a trailer to haul a Wing to warmer regions to extend the riding season. As a matter of fact, I know of many people that have 'significant others' that like to ride, but either want to be warmer to do it, or they also want the flexiblity of a tow vehilcle with them, AND THAT KEEPS THEM RIDING!! (a VERY good thing)

Bill

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
I like it, especially the place where the tie downs are located, but I guess I'll just have to make my Northern Tool Landscape trailer more "bike friendly" as in a new floor, extend the front for a wheel lock, and add a two foot wide piece of alumiumn on the tail gate...I've looked at several different "tie down" brackets, and would like to use "flush mounting", nothing sticking up to "trip on"...A friend of mine said he would do all of the modifications for free, I just buy materials...So that as might near everything else is on hold for now....

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
SOLD: Kendon Stand-up 'Big-Bike' Motorcycle Trailer PLEASE DELETE POST

I like it, especially the place where the tie downs are located, but I guess I'll just have to make my Northern Tool Landscape trailer more "bike friendly" as in a new floor, extend the front for a wheel lock, and add a two foot wide piece of alumiumn on the tail gate...I've looked at several different "tie down" brackets, and would like to use "flush mounting", nothing sticking up to "trip on"...A friend of mine said he would do all of the modifications for free, I just buy materials...So that as might near everything else is on hold for now....
Yes you could do that with a cheap bolted together trailer, but it still would not be the qualitiy of a Kendon with it's welded construction, nor have the independant torsion axle for a smooth stable ride (for your ride).

From my experience: I built one before I got this one, and when I was done I had almost as much out of pocket, but NO where near as good of a trailer as this Kendon is. If it were not for the newer-new trailer I bought this past fall I would be keeping this one.

I know you mentioned getting the 'work' done for free, but if someone needs to buy ALL the parts including the basic trailer, it can all add up fast.

Bill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.