Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Looking to sell my 1986 SEi to be able to purchase a GL1800 in the near future. Love the bike and have spent much time and money restoring it, but no room and not enough jingle for 2Goldwings.Asking $4000 OBO-have well more than that in it. Bike has 42,000 I am the 3rd owner.

Upgrades/ repairs include:

New timing belts

New water pump

New valve stem seals

All fluids flushed

New bearings, steering, wheel front and back, and swingarm bearings

New Brakes lines flushed

Dunlop E3 tires with approx 8000 miles on them in very good condition

Heated Grips

Memphis shades vented windscreen

Brakes front and rear replaced

Progressive fork springs installed

Superbrace installed

New Shindegen Voltageregulator installed and all wires soldered top and bottom

Deka AGM battery installed last year.

Bike is very clean and I have many hours cleaning and removing any rusty or pitted and replacing them.

Windscreen varnish was stripped, polished and SEI emblems re-electro plated.

Much more time effort and dollars went into this bike than I should admit to and would love to find it a home where it will be aprreciated. Bike is currently garage -kept and covered. Please PM me with any additional questions.

Pics...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
imported post

good luck sam.....i hope you get your price....sorry to see you leave us gl1200er's.

i am courious about the windshield varnish and plating of emblems cause mine are in rough shape. and the superbrace? i thought that was for gl1000's.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
imported post

Sure hate to see you get rid of the old girl, but I'm happy that you're able to upgrade and know you'll be thrilled to have a new ride.

:action: Ted

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks Rob and Ted,
I wouldn't say I'm leaving the 1200 clan. Later on, If I can afford to, I will try and re-purchase another SEi but for now daughters braces and college in 5 years takes priority so can't justify 2 bikes for now. I love working on the bike but also love riding so eventually having 2 bikes will be worthwhile-that way I can take my time reviving another and not get frustrated.
The move to a GL1800 was inevitable for me but in many ways I don't look at it as an upgrade - just a different bike. I hope to get a 2005 or thereabouts and keep it for as long as I can but still love the 1200.

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
imported post

I'm sure you'll have no problem when the weather starts to get better. If I didn't find the one I have I'd be all over this one. Good Luck Sam.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
imported post

Boy I sure would like to have a running goldwing to ride while I try to restore my 1100. This one is sharp!!

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

That's the one I like and after that the standard.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
imported post

I've got a very nice 2007 GL1800 for sale and would be willing to take a bike like yours as partial payment. If your interested, you can check out my listing on Craigslist... Central Michigan dated 2-8-12. You can see pictures and my contact info. is there. Think it over, we're not that far away from each other.

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

3rdWHEELWINGER wrote:
I've got a very nice 2007 GL1800 for sale and would be willing to take a bike like yours as partial payment. If your interested, you can check out my listing on Craigslist... Central Michigan dated 2-8-12. You can see pictures and my contact info. is there. Think it over, we're not that far away from each other.
I'll have a look and PM you thanks for the reply-havent checked the for sale forum for several days...

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
imported post

bump..looks great I too have a sei (birthday gift from my bride..looking for a corvette this year?? well mmm...) The badges on mine are worn, u had yours plated?? Thanks and good luck

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
imported post

Beatiful bike, if you were closer I'd try to talk you into a swap for my 1800

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
imported post

Hi Wingsam41,

Very nice looking bike. When I win the lottery last night I'll be over there to buy it. ;)

On the topic of college, what ever you do, don't take any student loans to finance the college education. :lash: They are a trap! With the economy balanced on the point of a needle one can not count on a continuous income to repay them and then disaster strikes.

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
imported post

Hi Wingsam41,

Very nice looking bike. When I win the lottery last night I'll be over there to buy it. ;)

On the topic of college, what ever you do, don't take any student loans to finance the college education. :lash: They are a trap! With the economy balanced on the point of a needle one can not count on a continuous income to repay them and then disaster strikes.

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

Well fells I am Zeroing in on a bike I'd like to take on a trip late July.
Anyway before I list the SEI on Ebay one more bump is in order.
I'd consider any reasonable offer to have it go to a good home...:action:

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
imported post

wingsam41 wrote:
Well fells I am Zeroing in on a bike I'd like to take on a trip late July.
Anyway before I list the SEI on Ebay one more bump is in order.
I'd consider any reasonable offer to have it go to a good home...:action:
An 1800 or the 1300 ? Good luck.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.