Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fairly new here but forgot to do intro so let me catch up on that. Long time motorbike rider and tinkerer. Do all my own maintenance and tires so pretty familiar with moly paste. Shaft drive guy for the entirety although have had a couple of chain drive units (what a pain in the backside) and one belt driven Buell (never again).
Current rides are 2014 FJR ES, 2018 Wing with a clutch, 1976 Goldwing for resurrection (maybe).

Have a guy wanting to get rid of a 1985 GL1200 LTD with matching trailer (38K on ODO). It has some problems and he is getting tired of it in his yard. I heard it run when I went to see it the first time and it sounded very nice. Started immediately, idled very nice, rev a little bit and sounded as it should. Then we had a nice rain with some wind and he didn't have any support under the sidestand so over it went on the left side. He picked it up and now it won't start. New battery and solenoid and still no start. Just a click.

So if I can pick it up for what I want I'm sure I'll have some questions. Lots of good info here on keeping old Honda's on the road.

·
Premium Member
63,790 Posts
Hallo mophead
Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts