Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have one allen bolt that spins with the insides and one that has had its allenwrench socket all buggered up. I wanted to change seals, but?

These are the bolts hidden by the axle.

Anyone know what to try?

·
Administrator
26,977 Posts
imported post

On the one that spins stick a broom handle down in the fork to hold pressure on it. On the other one get a torx bit that will not quite go in and hammer it into the former hex hole.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Man that was fast. I just hapenned to buy just that today a torx bit but figured i'd ask before i really messed it up.

Thanks! What a great site this is!

vic

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

But do replace the bolt :cheeky1::cheeky1: I'm in a good mood today

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

We got er done Bearings and fork bolts.

On the good bolt used a proper 6mm allen on an air impact wrench, didn't work.

Went to the other damaged bolt drove in T45 bit came out slick even though it was only driven in less than 1/8". Same on the previously good spining side. Did not have to remove fork cap.

Used the split bolt and screwdriver trick for bearings. Would not bite on bearing

had to spread it on the inner spacer. You definatly need at least a hand held sledge.

They faught all the way out!

Hey Spider I want some of what your taking:cooldevil:, so where should I look for bolts?

Thanks all U saved me about 45 bucks. I ordered a bearing removal tool last nite from old bike parts but the website screwed up and it didn't go through:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Al Himer wrote:
We got er done Bearings and fork bolts.

Hey Spider I want some of what your taking:cooldevil:, so where should I look for bolts?
I'm lucky here, we have a place called King Bolt and they have every bolt made to man and his kin. Including stainless and chrome. The owner owns a few hot rods, so he carries all the fancy stuff too.:clapper:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.