Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I was thinking of changing my fork brace and would like to know if a different one would help. Tim

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

The only way a fork brace is going to make any difference is if it is plastic or metal/non ferrous metal. Whatever you are attaching in my humble opinion will help. I don't believe they make it in anything other than aluminum anyway. :cool:

It really depends on how you ride it. Stock or none is what it was designed for to start with.

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
imported post

I don't see what benefit an aftermarket fork brace would do on a 1200. The stock piece is pretty stout, and is cast alloy - I don't think it could flex very much without snapping. . . . . . . . . . I've never had any reason to doubt the stock set-up on my Aspy - and I'm not shy abouttuckin' her downinto a corner. :)

The little stamped sheet metal thing on the 1500smay bea different story. . . . . . .

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Wingnumberone wrote:
The little stamped sheet metal thing on the 1500smay bea different story. . . . . . .
Funny I have never seen a thin fork brace. :?I've seen none on the 1500 except for the under brace that secures the fenders together, is that what you are referring to? But mine is quite stout. :)

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
imported post

SpiderBob wrote:
Funny I have never seen a thin fork brace. :?I've seen none on the 1500 except for the under brace that secures the fenders together, is that what you are referring to? But mine is quite stout. :)
Perhaps I mis-labeled it, but yes - that is what I was referring to. The only structure between the lower fork legs (besides the axle) on the 1500 is a mild steel stamping, positioned under the fender, where it is subject to corrosion.

Thepiece between the lower fork legs (besides the axle) onthe 1200 is a rigid, cross-braced, corrosion resistant alloy casting, positioned above the fender.

·
Premium Member
64,600 Posts
imported post

I put one on my 1500 and was not impressed.. Maybe a little at very slow speed.. I think it was a waste of money and I push it hard.......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.