Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a 1994 Interstate that does not have air valves in the fork caps. Can I use a different year GL1500 fork caps from a goldwing that has the air valves in the caps?

What models have the air valves?

Are the air valves removeable (unscrew)?

Thanks,
Brian

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
imported post

My Canadian model 1998 GL1500SE had no air valves (go figure) but when we installed Progressive Springs, my brother in law drilled and tapped the fork bolts (caps) for the pair or air valves I bought for 5.95. Never did add air to the forks, but it sure made it easy to refill and adjust the fork oil levels.

Regards,

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
imported post

It is not too difficult to drill, tap and install your own air valves.

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
imported post

Don't you need a balance tube to run between the 2 caps to make sure the pressure is equal?

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

no balance tubes on the 1500... so it's just the caps -- then a differen "cover" for the cap that threads onto the installed air valve (schraeder stem) instead of popp-into the 17mm Hex indent.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I'm not actually putting air in my forks. I just want the conveinence of being able to change the fork oil without pulling forks/giving myself a hernia trying to put the caps back on.

I rank fork oil changes right up there with root canals. just trying to save myself some trouble/mess.

·
Premium Member
6,422 Posts
imported post

YES YOU CAN DRILL AND TAP YOURS OR i SAW iN 5TH POST YOU WERE OFFERD SOMEFROM AN se HOW LUCKY CAN THAT BE. AND pLUS 1 ON THE rOOT CANAL COMPARRISON

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.