Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Recently my fork seals started to leak. I couldn't find anything to get that stuff off, it was like glue. An old bike rider told me of his favorite way of getting this type of garbage off the bike. A one dollar can of spray Liquid Wrench. Spray it on a rag and wipe it off. The forkk oil comes right off. This also works on stuck on bugs and road tar. Now I just have replace the fork seals!!!!!!!

David Clark

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

suks2bu37 wrote:
Recently my fork seals started to leak. I couldn't find anything to get that stuff off, it was like glue. An old bike rider told me of his favorite way of getting this type of garbage off the bike. A one dollar can of spray Liquid Wrench. Spray it on a rag and wipe it off. The forkk oil comes right off. This also works on stuck on bugs and road tar. Now I just have replace the fork seals!!!!!!!
David Clark
Yep, WD40 works well for that. Also a little gas on a rag. Spent a couple weeks a couple times out your way at Cameron College, later Cameron University there in Lawton. The FAA had a management training school there.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

suks2bu37 wrote:

David Clark
I just came back on the road after a fork rebuild secondary to a seal blow out. Oil everywhere. I used brake cleaner on the metal parts quite sucessfully and strong detergent and water on the plastic parts. Glad I had a good wax buildup on the plastic.

By the way, before you start your tube rebuild be sure you have the bottom bolt, seals and the clips on hand. Good luck with those bottom bolts, mine needed a machine shop.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Petrol on a rag does for me. It's also a great way of removing the oil stains from your drive-way. :waving:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.