Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

91 se stock front fork, originalset up, went down to local honda and they do not have ss8, but they said theyhavess 5 or ss 10, he recommended ss 5, I am not sure which way to go or try to get ss 8. He said ss 5 will make it a softer ride. I do not want to bottom out easily though. Any thoughts on which way to go? Thanks in advance.

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

If you are referring to fork oil weight, you will need 15w in the forks.10 is too soft,20 too hard.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Yes I am asking about the fork oil weight and type. My concern is to avoid any type of bad reaction with my fork seals if I use a type of fork oil? In my big book it says SS 8 fork oil, I am not sure what weight this is, but searching for advance as the honda shop only has SS 5 or SS 10. Checking out my options. thanks for your patience and time.

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
imported post

jj wrote:
Yes I am asking about the fork oil weight and type. My concern is to avoid any type of bad reaction with my fork seals if I use a type of fork oil? In my big book it says SS 8 fork oil, I am not sure what weight this is, but searching for advance as the honda shop only has SS 5 or SS 10. Checking out my options. thanks for your patience and time.
JJ, I'm not sure there is a direct correlation between the SS-8 & a numbered viscosity fork oil. When I was trying different fork oils in my ownWing I pretty well determined that SS-8 was pretty close to 10W fork oil though.

As a side note: any of the fork oils should work great & not hurt your fork seals. There is nothing in any of those commercially sold fork oils that will hurt the seals.

If you like the ride you have now probably use the 10 W fork oil. If you want a little firmer ride (probably firmer yet on a cold day) use the 15W fork oil.

Twisty

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.