Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ok so its not a technical post-at least in terms of advice for the repair itself. In my 2 or 3 questions post, I asked about leaky front forks. I think I need to replace the seals, so I need to find a source for seals and whatever else. I suppose that the local napa can get them if I can get them out without horking them to bits.

Best advice, of course, is to find out where y'all get them

Thanks!!:clapper:

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
imported post

Which seals, The o-rings on the top, you should be able to get at any automotive store, The fork oil seals them selfs you have to go to a dealer or a motorcycle shop, dust boots usually have to come from the dealer,

Then again theres always ebay

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
imported post

I got my seals from an Ebayer...great price,,but had to wait for them to come from the UK.

The dust seals came from the dealer. A local Honda dealer may be the quickest source.

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

Any Honda dealer should have an aftermarket parts catalogue that he can order the fork seals from.

(I must be losing it because I keep seeingthe post subtitle as pork farts sources. Must be a flashback from when I used to work on a pig farm and had to look at pork fart sources up close when we neutered the male piggies or I'm becoming somewhat dyslexic.)

Vic:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
imported post

Hiya Ubarw

I have just finished stripping my 1200 forks for thesecond time ,and would saydont assume its just the seals.:gunhead:

There are a couple of white metal bearings inthe fork assembly, one on theslider and the other fits just below the seal, they are cheap and easily replaced , to avoid doing the job again I would recommend you change these also, I have had to put in a new slider as the run out was also too excessive , not a difficult job but time consuming , waiting for parts to arrive. :skipping:

I have got 3rd party seals from ebay and genuine parts from davidsilverspares.co.uk you can pay your money and take your chances, I could not tell the difference looking at the 2 parts, the 3 rd party seal and the dust cover comes as a kit for both sides for $20. :D

:whip::12black::whip:

Thanks

BB

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

Any Honda dealer should have an aftermarket parts catalogue that he can order the fork seals from.

(I must be losing it because I keep seeingthe post subtitle as pork farts sources. Must be a flashback from when I used to work on a pig farm and had to look at pork fart sources up close when we neutered the male piggies or I'm becoming somewhat dyslexic.)

Vic:cheeky1:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.