Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey there, the spring is a long one and the diagrams show two springs, also it seems to be a progressive spring, tigther at the bottom...

I boought this bike used, the only possible answer, guessing, is that some one replaced the springs. What says anyone

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
imported post

sounds like the springs may have been upgraded.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
imported post

One spring is better. It was on the newer 1100's - I think starting in 82 (like that is really newer).

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

yes the springs wre up dated . all 1100 had a 2 peice spring afair. smaller spring on top.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

My '83 had 2 springs per fork as well. Pretty sure the GL1200 does too.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
imported post

Im Guessing they were replaced also. My '82 aspencade had 2 springs small one up top and the longer one under that. Not anymore I replaced with Progressive single springs.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
imported post

Did you say yours is an 81? The stock on an 81 is one long and one short segment with a washer between them. I replaced my stockers with progressive brand springs which are progressive rate springs. Therefore they are more tightly would at one end than the other- thus the progressive rate! Oh and they are one full length single segment not two.

I found the progressives to be FAR better than the stock so be glad the PO replaced them for you.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
imported post

Hi,
The OEM setup was 2 springs. Progresive offers a replacement option that is one spring. Many people replaced the factory setup with the progressive springs due to the dive that the bike had when braking. The progressive spring setup is still available and is about $75.
Greg

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
imported post

Silicon Sam wrote:
My '83 had 2 springs per fork as well. Pretty sure the GL1200 does too.
1200's have two springs per side

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.