Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to rebuild forks on my 1990 gl 1500 with motortrike conversion. Looking at parts it seems that the 1990 has two springs and a spacer in each fork but the replacement seems to be a one piece long spring. Does anyone know of any problems or concerns with replacing with one spring. Thanks in advance for any help i can get.

·
Premium Member
3,605 Posts
Does the tight wound end of progressive springs installed up or down? Thanks for advice in advance.
Springs don't care, but putting tighter wound end down will make quieter.

Are you the one doing this on a trike with 6 degrees fork rake? I'm serious, those 11-1112s will be smoother if so. :wink2:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a Motortrike and I think it's 4.5 degree but not 6. I went with the gl 1500 progressive springs all new bushings and new seals. Got it back together this afternoon just before rain started, Did take a short ride and it is amazing the difference in ride and now I can come to a hard stop and when it rocks back the front end will pop all the way up. Before it would stay compressed until i let the clutch out. Thanks to everyone for the info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts