Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

On my 84 iinterstate aat the bottom of the forks there is a small button with numbers1,2,3 and a screw driver slot in them. what are they for and what should they be set at.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

Thats the anti dive unit. Just leave it set as it is, the default factory setting it best on the 1200.

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

Hey there fellow Newmarkian. They are for the anti dive forks, the higher the number the more anti dive effect you get, in theory. I find them to be of limited use. The one key issueis what ever you set them at they should both be the same. You don't want the forks diving at different rates!!

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
imported post

On my '84 Aspencade, I have the setting on 3 - both sides! Seems to work jsut fine.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks for the help. Both are set at #3 and I don't have any problems, so I will leave them there. It's great to have a place to come to to learn, and nice to have so many taking time out to help one who is new to Goldwings.

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

# 3 is the standard setting. Changing the setting doesn't really make the dive feel any different, in reality its a small (I reckon less than 10%) difference between the highest and lowest settings.

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

I'd go along with Jason. I used to meddle with my A D settings and to be honest I never noticed any differ at all.

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

I noticed a difference between the lowest and highest settings but I have to say its not a lot and I'd probably be better off not adjusting it at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.