Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ok, 30 degrees, windy but the road was dry so ............ here is my Formosa from more in front of the tire, & more to the rt side since that is where I had the camera mounted, you will notice another camera strike about 3:03 & 3:05, it readjusted the camera a little but at that point I was leaning far enough to be scraping the boards, when you notice the rt shoulder of the tire lifting the boards were scraping on the left side, still lots of tire left on the road, I also made a little trip down a gravel road to show the tire working in a different environment.

Formosa Front view

Now if you want a tough little camera check these pic's, & the little sucker is still working.

Oh ya, it also got burned a little on the water pipe

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
imported post

Good video, but it looks like you mounted the camera a little to close to the ground. :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

You just might have me sold Bob :cool:

Super good video,,,, seeing just how much good contact that tire has with the road makes for a good point.

I have all winter to think about it :).

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

papabee49 wrote:
Good video, but it looks like you mounted the camera a little to close to the ground. :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:
Ya, well I tried leaning over & holding it but I scraped my knuckles:X:X:X

·
Pwhoever
3,161 Posts
imported post

Fantastic!!! Thanks. Between those two videos, it clearly shows that you have a much larger contact patch using a C/T that a M/T ever could which explains why I feel so much more stable on the road. Thatplainly shows that you do not ever end up riding on the sidewall even on turns which dispels the myth.

·
Just one of the guys
4,799 Posts
imported post

There is a lot more flexing going on that I would have thought. I figured there would be some, but that is really something to see. How many pounds of pressure are you running in it?

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

That's 41 lbs ( Max recommended on the tire) with about 20,000 + miles on the tire, indicated by the lack of tread. I started with 35 but didn't like the feel of it. It also shows pretty even wear across the tread face :shock:. As I've mentioned, there will be a new one on in the spring, along with a CT on my Shadow. :action::action:

·
Pwhoever
3,161 Posts
imported post

For me I found 44 psi to be the magic number. Below that I would give me some wallowing in the corners at higher speeds and a weird occasional oscillation when driving straight for long periods. I did try 40 psi and then 42 psi first. Also by switching over to a Battlax BT45 (rear tire mounted backwards) on the front and running that at 44 psi per Dusty, a lot of the issues I came across with uneven pavement have all but dissapeared as well.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

To me look's like to much air in the tire. Not saying there is but looking at the tread lift makes me think there needs tobe somemoreflex in the sidewall's
Wilf

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

pwhoever wrote:
For me I found 44 psi to be the magic number. Below that I would give me some wallowing in the corners at higher speeds and a weird occasional oscillation when driving straight for long periods. I did try 40 psi and then 42 psi first. Also by switching over to a Battlax BT45 (rear tire mounted backwards) on the front and running that at 44 psi per Dusty, a lot of the issues I came across with uneven pavement have all but dissapeared as well.
I also installed the Battlax on the front last year, different riding styles will be an air pressure factor, I"m not as agressive as Dusty, (riding anyway), I've found my 41 riding 2 up pulling our trailer suits me & I like the look of the tread face/wear:action::action:

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

I'm running 48 in my Forenza and 44 in my front Michelin Pilot Activ.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Yup:cool:

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Rudy wrote:
You finding that better now, Rudy?

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Dusty Boots wrote:
Rudy wrote:
You finding that better now, Rudy?
Apparently he's not ashamed of it :?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.