Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My wife and I won't be able to make it the third weekend of April for the Dixie Meet N Greet but we are going to be staying in Fort Payne on the weekend of the 10th through the 12th of April.

Anyone that would like to come ride the trails up and around Fort Payne and Mentone are invited to just come ride with us on the 11th and 12th. This is in no way affiliated with any other event, just a ride. We would enjoy getting to see as many people that want to come out and enjoy the trails with us.

We can meet at the Zaxby's that is right off I59 on the first exit into Fort Payne coming from B'ham or the last exit from Chatanooga. Take the exit toward downtown and Zaxby's is right there on the right. David, if you know the exit and don't mind posting it for us maybe that will help someone find it.

I hate that we can't come the next weekend but we have previous engagements that will keep us busy for the rest of the month and we are taking our honeymoon the 10th through the 16th and will be taking a trip from Tuscaloosa through Fort Payne and around through Gatlinburg, Cherokee, Greenville and then Atlanta and home and would love to meet with anyone close to those areas on our trip so even if you can't make it to Fort Payne, maybe holler at me and we can meet up where you live.

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

Cntryboy 1289,
Since I planned on having this on the 2nd weekend in April, I forgot about Easter Sunday, so I had to unfortunately change the date to the 3rd weekend. I would be honored to ride with you and the New Mrs on Thursday and Friday.
David Aka Nightrider1

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

cntryboy1289 wrote:
My wife and I won't be able to make it the third weekend of April for the Dixie Meet N Greet but we are going to be staying in Fort Payne on the weekend of the 10th through the 12th of April.

Anyone that would like to come ride the trails up and around Fort Payne and Mentone are invited to just come ride with us on the 11th and 12th. This is in no way affiliated with any other event, just a ride. We would enjoy getting to see as many people that want to come out and enjoy the trails with us.

We can meet at the Zaxby's that is right off I59 on the first exit into Fort Payne coming from B'ham or the last exit from Chatanooga. Take the exit toward downtown and Zaxby's is right there on the right. David, if you know the exit and don't mind posting it for us maybe that will help someone find it.

I hate that we can't come the next weekend but we have previous engagements that will keep us busy for the rest of the month and we are taking our honeymoon the 10th through the 16th and will be taking a trip from Tuscaloosa through Fort Payne and around through Gatlinburg, Cherokee, Greenville and then Atlanta and home and would love to meet with anyone close to those areas on our trip so even if you can't make it to Fort Payne, maybe holler at me and we can meet up where you live.

Thanks,

Jeff
Give me a hollar when you get to the Parkway and the Greenville area. I know a great campground right off the Parkway just an hr from Greenville if you're camping.

http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/ll201/Bagmaster50/Blue Ridge Bike Campground/?albumview=slideshow

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Man, I wish we were camping but so far the missus only wants to stay in the dang hotels. One of these days though we will have a trailer to haul behind us and maybe then she will be into it. Thanks for the link though, I may be using it before too much longer.

You think you may be able to come ride with us while we are in your area? Not too sure as to what we were planning for the area, but I think we were going to ride over to Spartenburg to eat and that is about it so far.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

I'm 15 miles from Spartanburg, in fact running up today to meet nightwinger40 for lunch on his way through and taking a tire to the dealer to be mounted.

Here's the link to that campgrounds website.
http://www.blueridgemotorcyclecamp.com/

Dustyboots stayed there after he left Calhoun last fall and loved it.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Would you be interested in meeting for Dinner and maybe showing us some sights afterwards? Thanks for the link, got it saved for the next time through!

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

cntryboy1289 wrote:
Would you be interested in meeting for Dinner and maybe showing us some sights afterwards? Thanks for the link, got it saved for the next time through!
Sure will! What kind of sights do you like to see so I can do some research?

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Not too particular. We both love history and nature so anything along those lines would be good. I think we are planning on eating at a place we saw on Diners, Dives, and Drive Ins. I'll have to find the name of it and shoot it over to you. We will ride into Greenville some time after lunch so sometime after 5 would be great for us.

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
imported post

cntryboy1289 wrote:
Not too particular. We both love history and nature so anything along those lines would be good. I think we are planning on eating at a place we saw on Diners, Dives, and Drive Ins. I'll have to find the name of it and shoot it over to you. We will ride into Greenville some time after lunch so sometime after 5 would be great for us.
Could the place you're talking about in spartanburg possibly be the Beacon Drive in?

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Not a lot of sites in Spartanburg to see except shopping areas or places to eat.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

It is the Beacon! We are planning to stop in to a few of the ones that have been on the show. Any recommendation on it, thumb or down???

We can just meet for dinner if that's alright with you guys. We could also do a ride around as well if you are up for that.

Looking forward to getting a chance to meet you.

Jeff

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

cntryboy1289 wrote:
It is the Beacon! We are planning to stop in to a few of the ones that have been on the show. Any recommendation on it, thumb or down???

We can just meet for dinner if that's alright with you guys. We could also do a ride around as well if you are up for that.

Looking forward to getting a chance to meet you.

Jeff
Haven't been to the Beacon since Mr. White retired and turned it over to his sons. It is a unique place to eat, that's for sure! Name some more you know and I probably know all of them, if not I will before you get here.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

The Beacon is the only one in the area we were going to check out. We plan on stopping at place in Knoxville and then the Beacon and then a couple of places in Atlanta as well.
The Beacon looked like a pretty good place back when it was on the show.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

If anyone wants to come out and ride in Mentone Alabama this Saturday, we can meet in Fort Payne at Zaxby's. Holler at me so I will know if you are coming.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Well we made it to Fort Payne late tonight. They had bad weather here so we sort of hung around on our way up. Not sure if anyone will be here tomorrow, but if you are going to be, call me and let me know and we can meet anywhere you like. My number is 205-765-8843.

We are going to be riding into Greenville Monday afternoon and would enjoy getting to meet you guys so I will call you and let you know when we get there. Take care,

Jeff

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Well, got home today around 4:30 and was about wore out. We had a great trip and were both glad to be back home in our own bed tonight. We ended up not getting to ride with anyone but had a great time just the same.

We rode about 1200 miles in all this past week including a second trip back to Fort Payne to pick up something I left at the hotel on Sunday morning, won't be doing that again...

We left Fort Payne and rode up to Cleveland where we got back on Hwy 11 until we got onto Hwy 321 and it was a very nice ride into Pigeon Forge from there. Stayed overnight in Gatlinburg and took the trip over the mountains into Cherokee. Bout got fogged in on the top but we limped down to where the rain had stopped and the fog lifted and we made it into Greenville around 6. We rode in the rain just about all day and then when we left Greenville we rode to Atlanta in the hard rain until just about there.

We rode all over Atlanta and took in a Braves game and then made our way back to Fort Payne the backway in and then back home today. Just thought I would let everyone know we made it back safely.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,198 Posts
imported post

cntryboy1289 wrote:
We rode about 1200 miles in all this past week including a second trip back to Fort Payne to pick up something I left at the hotel on Sunday morning, won't be doing that again...
Your wallet, or your camera? :cheeky1: :cheeky1: :cheeky1:

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Glad to see ya got home safe. Sorry my little hospital visit got in the way on Monday. I was looking forward to meeting you guys.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

Good to see you home again buddy and maybe we will be back in the area one day soon. Would have enjoyed meeting you as well.

I hate to tell anyone this but maybe it will save someone else from doing the same thing. I put my pistol in the nightstand drawer on Friday night. I never took it out on Saturday and when we got to Gatlinburg Sunday night and went to get it out of the trunk, I had to remember where I had left it.

Luckily, no one had checked into the room and it was still in the drawer. The hotel folks were really nice about it and told me to relax and enjoy my trip and just drop by when I got back home so it worked out ok. Just cost me a couple of hours. Bad part was I was without it for the rest of the trip, sort of felt naked most of the time.....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.