Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Guess I am dumb as a stick. I am using Chrome and am attempting to install the index.

In the upper right hand corner of neither the forum page nor my browser is there a settingsicon.

What am I doing wrong? If I don't get the first page, it will be difficult to get the rest.

Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
OK, I am dumb as a stick. Just couldn't equate all those little straight lines with "settings". But not to worry, I am well now and have the index downloaded and bookmarked,

Thanks,

·
Administrator
57,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
Forum Index Bookmarks are now Updated to

https://spaces.hightail.com/receive/LzmFCDZ8Bp

I have created a video to show how this index works on your PC/Laptop

The laptop I used to create and edit all of these links is running under Linux Firefox and everything is there same there as it is in Windows.

VIDEO explaining how the index works:

·
Administrator
57,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
All of the bookmarks have been updated to today's date.

there are hundreds of new Technical Tips that have been included in this new release.

and as always, they are in Chronological order like military uses...

Main subject,
Sub-subject
and Alphabetized.

So, if you are reading this as a brand new topic, you owe it to yourself to go to Post #1 and follow the instructions.

If you are reading this as a new post, and you already have a set of these bookmarks, you should download this new set, delete your old Sub-Topic titled "Motorcycle" and then import this new set of bookmarks into your browser. This of course means you too, must go to Post #1 and follow the steps, exactly... no cheating :rofl:

Then it will appear once again, just like it did the first time...

I just went thru this procedure twice, on my very own Desktop PC, just to make sure it works as advertised.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Thanks for doing this and it is a fantastic way to browse the forum. Followed your instructions and it was done in less than a minute. Will browse it to see what I have missed. Again thanks for doing this.

Cheers

·
Administrator
57,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Thanks for the kudos, it has been a labor of love.

I just noticed that the last update is now a year old...
that has been the result of my wife getting ill last July and being hospitalized from August thru Jan 27th this year. That was the day she passed on, and it has taken me a long time to get to feeling like watching the forum like I used to.

anyway, I will try and do a new update, when I think I have enough new links to make it worthwhile.

you can add your own bookmarks to what i have done and keep your own personal set up to date.

·
Just Winging It
3,324 Posts
Thank you for all your hard work John.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss your in my prayers.

I haven't been on here much myself my lovely bride is still kicking Along by God's grace.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
This is an absolutely amazing treasure trove of information/tips/life lessons.
You deserve a big ATTA-BOY for putting it all together.

May the good Lord Bless you and your loved ones each and every day that we enjoy, and benefit from your hard work/efforts.

·
Administrator
57,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #57 (Edited)
Well, it has been a really short time since the last update, only 18 months?????? yikes!

So, I have now gone thru every single post and corrected each one for an accurate set of links.

They are now like this:

just be aware, that the New Version does indeed contain all of the old VALID links that were in the previous dated set. However, some of the Dead Links have been removed.

I test them manually, I cannot allow "Bookmarks Checker" to do an automatic removal of dead links, because it does so by link, not by Title of the link....

I store the same link in several different places, because a STATOR problem is pretty much the same, for all the 4 cylinder bikes.... so, a general method of testing them can be found under the index for all of the 4 cylinder bikes.

And, I have added a general STATOR index in the main Index that contains a lot of the same info....

Not all of us think alike, some want to go to "Stator" to find their problems.

Others want to go to GL1100/Stators to find their solutions....

whatever, I do it different ways all the time....

So, have fun, here are the latest links

·
Administrator
57,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #58 (Edited)
Okay folks,
The OkieLand kid in Oklahoma has decided it is time to update the bookmarks Index.

I have just updated every post in this thread with this newest link.

if you read the whole thread, you will see that I have explained how to import these into any common web browser.

This new Index contains all of the VALID links from before.

In some places, I have deleted links that I test, "as of the time" that I am copying them to someone in a post.

I just don't have enough spare time, even though I am retired, to go through and test over 10,000 links to see if they are good, then delete that link from the list.

So, with that little tidbit, you are welcome to the latest update..... I noticed that it has be almost two years since the last one? OMG

But, in my defense, Mardonna was in Hospital from August 2017 thru Jan 27, 2018
and prior to that, she was taking up a lot of my time for doctor visits, home care, etc.....

So, with that, I am just mentioning that the new links are available for you to use.

·
Administrator
57,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Howdy folks,
I see that 14 months have slipped past me since the last update.

as I have mentioned before, there will be some dead links that I have not found.
I delete these as folks ask for help and I read my own links and oops! that one is dead, so it goes away.

so, as of today, every single post in this thread has been updated to 2019/06/30

I hope that you all "Y'all heah that now?" enjoy this effort.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts