Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Axelwik is in Albuquerque. He just bought a tire machine and is trying to feed himself a bit more each day with doing changes for folks...

He's asking $15 per tire, mounted and balanced. $10 more if he has to take the wheel off the bike.

If I were there, I would use him...

PM him if you are interested...

I will tell him to watch his pms... lol

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

$10 to take my rear wheel off????

I'd tip him $50 if he did that!

Sounds like a great deal for the people that live near him.....

Does he deliver?

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Marco mentioned this to me, when I told him I posted here...

Marco Wikstrom: Thanks, but I'll have to charge extra for GL1800 rears since they're a real pain in the ass

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
imported post

UBarW wrote:
Marco Wikstrom: Thanks, but I'll have to charge extra for GL1800 rears since they're a real pain in the ass
. . . . really ?

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
imported post

UBarW wrote:
I could be wrong, but I think you may have that backwards. It’s my understanding that the 1800 is much easier then the 1500. I just did a rear tire on a 1500 and it is a bit time consuming.

Dane :15magenta:

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

The 1800 rear tire is a bit tougher to demount/remount. Not a lot worse, tho. But, to get the assy off bike is a picnic compared to 1000-1500

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
imported post

Ubar, I meant no offence. Sorry.

Thanks for the clarification Oregonwinger:claps::thumbsup:

Dane

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
imported post

Do we have a number to get in touch with him or an adress need a tire put on my 1500 as soon as ups decides to bring it. Would be better to pay him than honda shop.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

I took no offense...

desert wings, I will have Axelwik pm you here...

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
imported post

The 1800 rear only takes 2 minutes to switch out.

Just lay the bike on it's right bars, extend the center stand, and now remove the lugs and lift off the wheel. Place the new wheel on and reinstall the lugs, fold up the center stand and stand up the bike.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Axelwik hasn't posted here in a few weeks. Perhaps he can update this thread himself and answer questions.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Some answers:

With some tire/wheel combinations the 1800 (rear) is extremely tight getting the tire off and onto the wheel. If yours isn't like that, then it would be the standard $15 - No extra charge. (With extremely tight tire/wheel combinations it's tough on my equipment and takes longer.)

I prefer that owners take the wheels off of their bikes and bring them to me, but if that's not possible I'll do it here. The $10 for removing and reinstalling the wheel is for standard bikes without having to remove bodywork, fenders, etc. If you're willing to help remove this stuff, then I won't charge anything extra. And if I do it, it certainly won't be as much as Mr. Honda charges.

I'm just doing this as a favor to the local motorcycle community and the fees help pay for my equipment and some of my time.

The equipment I use is made by No-Mar and nothing metal touches your wheels; your wheels won't get scratched.

Send me a PM and I'll send you my phone number.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Here's a breakdown:

Removal of old tire, mount and balance new tire (static balance) - $15 to $20

Removal and reinstallation of wheel from bike (standard bike [and all front wheels], but it may not be possible on some bikes due to lack of specialized equipment; e.g. some single-sided swingarms on Ducati's etc. I can't possibly have every stand or jacking equipment for every bike) - $10

Removal and installation of body work, fenders, brackets, and other components that get in the way of wheel removal - each case is different, but I'm cheap.

Again, I'm doing this for the benefit of the local riding community, but if it gets out of hand or starts to get crazy I'll probably stop. I'm a full-time graduate student and am only doing this on the side. My studies and research take priority.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
imported post

Have him PM me also.. I live a few miles away from desertwings... and you can't beat that price... will he do a darkside mount?:claps:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.