Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well, I finally decided to upgrade this machine to FireFox ver. 3.0.1 and I must say the forum pages load a lot faster with it at this time. We'll see what happens later tonight as more members are logged in to see if it slows down as usual.

The reply page still takes a little time to reload all the smileys but not as slow as before.

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

I know that that this morning, this site timed out, and finally reloaded upon re-try. It seems to make no difference at any particular time of day. The other sites load pretty fast, with exception of one other one, which is fairly slow loading.

BTW, that's with 3.0+ And, this post took awhile to load. :(

·
Administrator
57,647 Posts
imported post

I have intermittant results through the day. It seems that at least half of the time the response is almost immediate.

Other times, maybe only a couple of seconds after a fast load, the forum hangs for minutes. I can quit that page by hitting the escape key and click on a different thread and that thread will load in less than 2 seconds.

I can't seem to find any good pattern to the when or why.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

The emoticons have always been a problem, in that they all load even though only the initial ones are showing. I've been assured will be fixed in October when the software is updated. That alone will help reduce the overall load when the forum is busy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.