Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
What link are you using? I can't read it through all the leaves. :)

·
Administrator
24,368 Posts
My page is frozen in time. I have reloaded the site and it comes up the same on Linux Peppermint9 with Firefox browser, Windows7Pro with Brave browser and Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon with Firefox. I've attached what I see prior to log in. Today is 4-10-19. The page doesn't update. The router is turned off each night and it should be clear.
:cam:
I haven't even seen that page in years, I always come in through my inbox then click new posts. I aggravates me to come directly to the forums then find a pop up saying I have a PM so I just go there first.

·
Administrator
57,460 Posts
By way of reference, here's the link I use to get new posts, and ignore several sub-forums. This seems to have been working fine all along.

https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew&exclude=8,11,7

that is pretty much the same link I use, only you have excluded '7',

which forum is that?
never mind, that is "For Sale / Wanted "

I have found that the "new Posts" is now very fast, but clicking the "new post arrow" to read the first new post in an old thread is still running slow.

·
Registered
227 Posts
that is pretty much the same link I use, only you have excluded '7',

which forum is that?
never mind, that is "For Sale / Wanted "
Yeah, too much stuff for old 'Wings, so I suppress those posts.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
goldwing

This forum is so screwed up it's almost usable! Pages do not update, it acts like I'm not logged in, and nothing seems be changing!! Arrrrgh!!!

I'm getting tired of fighting this problem. Other forums work fine so the problem appears to be with the software on this forum.

#$%^ @*& etc....

Rayjoe

·
Administrator
57,460 Posts
This forum is so screwed up it's almost usable! Pages do not update, it acts like I'm not logged in, and nothing seems be changing!! Arrrrgh!!!

I'm getting tired of fighting this problem. Other forums work fine so the problem appears to be with the software on this forum.

#$%^ @*& etc....

Rayjoe

a couple of months ago, the moderators were told that we are supposed to be getting new forum software 'real soon now'

think I will ask about that again, it is supposed to resolve all of our problems. :wink2: :cam: :nerd: :x :x :x

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
a couple of months ago, the moderators were told that we are supposed to be getting new forum software 'real soon now'

think I will ask about that again, it is supposed to resolve all of our problems. :wink2: :cam: :nerd: :x :x :x

Thanks John.

There seems to be less activity on this forum also. Perhaps others members are getting frustrated also. A couple of months maybe too late.

We can only hope for the best.

Rayjoe

·
Administrator
1,112 Posts
It wont solve all our problems but it will certainly help. Still in process.
-Philip

·
Administrator
57,460 Posts
Wingmin just updated the mods on the website's host:

the site is cloudflare now, so there might be some issues with pages looking like you're not logged in. If your login attempt is successful, then all you need to do is navigate the forum until it shows you logged in. please copy and paste the pages where is shows you logged out so we can also run the test and forward it to our QA / cloudflare team.

Lee

This means, that we are "no longer" hosted on "Google Cloud" as we have been for almost a year..... that was an attempt at fixing the slow response and delays..... seems that Google's Cloud servers are over-loaded, so VerticalScope has moved us to CloudFlare.

https://www.cloudflare.com/

and look who is using CloudFlare

21 - 34 of 34 Posts