Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Does anyone have any of these patches for sale?

Thanks,

Mack

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Nope, I've been wanting one for 2 years now and Patches doesn't have any left and hasn't said anything about having any more made. Nothing says you can't have some made and sell them to members.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

When I lived in Virginia, a friend of mine had a small kiosk in the middle of a section of the Springfield Mall. He would stitch-up embroidery patterns usually picked fromdesigns in his books but could also scan-in a picture or pattern and go from there using his computerized embroidery machine. Hats and shirts were his primary business, patches secondary,but I would take in naugahyde and thin leather for seats I would stitch-up myself and have him put what I wanted on the material.

He charged me minimally so I wouldn't know what to say about someone walking in off the street.

Embroidery shops (or people with machines) aren't hard to track down.

Wouldn't necessarily give you that "real deal" feeling, just one avenue of food for thought... Patches willing.

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
imported post

Mack,

Do you want to go in on this and get it started again? I don't know what the cost to get them made would be.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
imported post

Wouldn't it be easier to just ask for the electronic file from Patches instead of scanning and not get the original looking patch.

Just my thought

GOD Bless
jerry

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

If Bagmaster has been trying to find one for the last two years, I think that there would be a fairly good demand. There are probably a lot of newer members who would like to have one or two. I think that getting the original electronic file from Patches would be the best way. I would think that we would need Steve's blessing as well.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

I'm not a patch man myself, but would it be out of the question to track-down the original stitcher?

I've no idea how long ago they were produced, but maybe the outfit is still around...

·
Premium Member
4,403 Posts

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
imported post

now your on the right track - lol

GOD Bless,
jerry

·
Premium Member
20,620 Posts
imported post

SB in SC wrote:
http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum3/34200.html
Here's the thread where "Patch" made an order at the end of 2007. If you contact him, he can probably give you the info needed. If you can't reach Patch, try giving Flyone a shout.
Patch doesn't have anymore...........Wonder if any one on the forum have any extras. I gave all of mine away. :(

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

Give wingnut a shout on this, I recall him saying he might get some more done. But you know the wingnut, he needs a kick sometimes or it will be put on the long finger. ;)

·
Premium Member
67,720 Posts
imported post

If you can't find that one, you might want to check out Ubar.. He has a good one..

·
Premium Member
4,403 Posts
imported post

Flyone wrote:
SB in SC wrote:
http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum3/34200.html
Here's the thread where "Patch" made an order at the end of 2007. If you contact him, he can probably give you the info needed. If you can't reach Patch, try giving Flyone a shout.
Patch doesn't have anymore...........Wonder if any one on the forum have any extras. I gave all of mine away. :(
Yeah Fly, I figured Patch had moved all of his, but he may have the info if someone else wants to take the reins and make an order.

Like you, I've given all of mine away. The only one I have is the one on my jacket.

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

ive got 2 yellow patches spare, never used, i'll swap for 2 goldwingnut gl1500 patches that UBarW is selling

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
imported post

Eddie,

Consider them gone! I will take them.

Mack

P.S. N5BIR here

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Well, another member stepped up and is sending me a spare one he had.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
imported post

I'm in the market for them as well. If anyone can get them made, there is a demand!!

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
imported post

I'm a new member for a couple of weeks. Besides my real job I own a full serviceembroidery shop and have access and/or can make these.

Of course the question would be how many do you think pople might want soI can keep the costs down.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

NR341 wrote:
I'm a new member for a couple of weeks. Besides my real job I own a full serviceembroidery shop and have access and/or can make these.

Of course the question would be how many do you think pople might want soI can keep the costs down.
Very nice offer. Just wish you were closer to me. I have a very special baseball hat give to me by one of the Organizers of Honor Flights who gave it to me in memory of my father who was a WWII Vet and I wish to have his name placed on it.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.