Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm changing the forums and web site to a different server early this coming week. The new server will give me almostunlimited bandwith and 15 times more web space for about one-third the cost of the current one. This new server is also more robust so we should get less of those "page not found" messages. Visitorss to the site and forums won't have to do anything different, the links will all stay the same as they are now.

There may be interruptions in the forums and site access whilethey are being transferred to the new serverand for perhaps 24-48 hours afterwards while things settle down, so apologies for any inconvenience or frustration this might cause.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

wingnut wrote:
I'm changing the forums and web site to a different server early this coming week.

There may be interruptions in the forums, so apologies for any inconvenience or frustration this might cause.
Hey Wingnut :)your apologies are accepted, ;)but dont keep me waiting too long. This forum is like a tablet it keeps me living. The man in the shop the other day told me to keep taking the tablets, so thats what im doing. :cool:

:clapper: :18red: :18magenta: :18white: :18teal::18yellow: :18black: :clapper:

The fastest colour is always in front.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

I couldn't agree more. I have the grandchildren staying this weekend and this little world is my only haven to escape to when I need some sanity.

:18red::18red::18red::18red::18red::waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

I didn't realize how much I missed this place until it went down for the server thingy. It was a long 36 hours, I found myself checking each time I was online almost like an expectant father in the waiting room!:cheeky1:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

03Silver wrote:It was a long 36 hours, almost like an expectant father in the waiting room!:cheeky1:

It was worse, :action: felt like being in the Labour Ward. :D

:waving: :18red: :18white: :18liteblue: :18yellow: :18black: :waving:

The fastest colour is out in front.

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

aaaah, relief to have it all back. I missed the notice about the forum changing to a new server (didn't see the message on the index page for a while either as I bookmarked the forum main page). I was almost in tears from missing my daily fix. :crying:
Just shows how easily we can get hooked on thses things!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.