Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
60,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if it's only me or are other people having posts on the forum running very slow

·
Magic Moderator
4,527 Posts
You're not alone on this, it has been mentioned to the IT guys a number of times. I have a slow (free) Internet connection from the nursing home repeater in the gazebo and it takes quite some time before the post appears. Even those with a good signal are having issues.

·
Banned
500 Posts
i have cable and its always slow. it gets better if you block adds. watch the bottom left corner of your browser and you will see the problem. greed.

·
Administrator
Xenforo vehicle detail line
59,274 Posts
I think it is time to reinstall the NoScript addon for Firefox, and block Google period.

·
Administrator
59,274 Posts
when I tried to Submit the above post, this is what I got

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
I thought that the switch from a dedicated server to Google Cloud was supposed to cure everything.:?

·
Registered
708 Posts
This site has always run slow for me, but I don't think I'm having quite the same problem the rest of you are describing. It just takes a few extra seconds (5 or 10) to load each page for me.
I have adblocker add-on on my firefox browser so that helps on some sites and slows it down on others.

Running normally on 200Mbs cable internet in the Milwacky area.

·
Premium Member
60,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So John what's the answer to the fix.. Taking 40 to 50 seconds to load a post is pretty sad....

·
Administrator
59,274 Posts
for Firefox, the best adblocker period, is "uBlock Origin"

with that you can throw all the others away, it takes care of security also.

the IT folks are "supposed to be" working on this issue, but I think that the Google bots are part of the problem, and the advertizing that they sell, which I never see anyway. but can see the URLs scroll real fast...

on FireFox, use the 3 key sequence of Shift-Control-E to turn on a Network analyzer to see what is taking so long to load....

then post a screen shot of that on the VerticalScope help thread.

we need to lambast them over the head, this is not acceptable.

·
Administrator
59,274 Posts
This site has always run slow for me, but I don't think I'm having quite the same problem the rest of you are describing. It just takes a few extra seconds (5 or 10) to load each page for me.
I have adblocker add-on on my firefox browser so that helps on some sites and slows it down on others.

Running normally on 200Mbs cable internet in the Milwacky area.
I wish that our internet was that good, when we left Phoenix AZ we had Cox Cable in the days when 50Mbps was the hottest ticket in town.

now I am in a rural area and have copper wire again with a Modem :( :( :(

·
Magic Moderator
4,527 Posts
I installed NoScript and seeing if it speeds things up. The one I found with the add ons has a blue S with a red circle and slash. I'm going to see how fast this post appears with it on.
Update: No lagging as bad as before.

·
Premium Member
64,379 Posts
Here in the Netherlands the forum is also slow.
And I have a fast internet connection here.

·
Administrator
59,274 Posts
I installed NoScript and seeing if it speeds things up. The one I found with the add ons has a blue S with a red circle and slash. I'm going to see how fast this post appears with it on.
Update: No lagging as bad as before.
that is the one,
it can be a major PITA on some websites....

it can be toggled on/off as you need it.... like on banking sites.

·
Administrator
59,274 Posts
well, just a short period of time to do the speed test, but in the couple hours that NoScript has been put back into service with FireFox,

the average speed now for "new posts" is 2 seconds.
the Network Analyzer showed 700 mSec to open this thread again to make this post.

will continue to run it for a couple days or so, I have used it in the past for this same problem, but had forgot about using it.

EDIT: this post Submit took 5.32 seconds, not bad.

·
Registered
752 Posts
This site runs reasonably fast for me but I have a real good connection (250Mb)

Running Chrome with Ghostery and uBlock, Ghostery shows 16 items and uBlock 17 as I am writing this.

Edit: Post quick reply took 3 sec to show up.

Edit #2, First edit took 4 sec.

·
Premium Member
2012 GL1800
461 Posts
Seems any site hosted by Verticalscope has this problem. They add a lot of junk links, even adblocker doesn't help.
A lot of google garbage!

·
Administrator
59,274 Posts
yeah, i just lambasted them in the Staff support forum about that....

I now have NoScript turned on and ignoring the Google links.

·
Premium Member
60,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
John, thanks for looking into this...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts