Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Would it be possible to have a little section of the forum so that we could post tributes to bikers that passed away (through accdent or natural causes)? Is this a good idea or just daft?

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

my own personal opinion is that it would make depressing reading and we come on this forum to get away from bad news etc..but thats only my opinion..Ciaran

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

I've seen it on other site with good taste, just a picture and alittle note saying that they are not forgoten and a Brother or Sister to our family!

If something happened to me, I would like that very much , kind of a way to know you'll always be a part of the "Site" that was a big part of your life!

I vote ...Yes, if it's short and simple!:clapper:

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

I dont think it would be suitable orappropriate to have the names of deceased m/cyclists on this forum. :stumped: This is a place for all the members to have a bit of fun and have the problems of your wings sorted. :clapper:If members wish to remember deceased m/cyclists they should do so privately. :( I certainly dont want to be remembered publicly on this forum whenever i kick the bucket. :rollingeyes:

:angel: :18red: :angel:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I hate to sound cold and unfeeling, but this business of cars with 'In loving memory of..." pasted in the rear window and roadside shrines is getting a bit too much. I don't remember much of that in past years. Whatever happened with putting the flowers and stuff on graves? Grief counselors in schools... No, please let's not have more of it here. Hell, we're all going to be dead eventually anyway, it would end up a longer forum than 'Deer Whistles'.There goes the last two mana.

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

Nice idea Marky, but I agree with wexman and Redwing. That's not really needed on a forum, if needed at all it could be done on a web page away from the forum. I'm all for posting a message when someon passes away, we do that already and that's fine. But having a part of the forum just for this wouldn't be a good idea and would be too depressing.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Again, only my humble opinion, but I tend to agree others here, nice idea in a way but not necessary.

I have nothing against the odd posting relating to news of someones passing, that gives people who knew them a chanceto pay respects in whatever way they want and probably doesn't go amiss as a reminder to the rest off us, as to how fragile life can be and to take extra care. But I don't think this should become a place for memorials.

On a lighter note, if I happen to fall off my pertch a little prematurely, I would rather folks celebrated my life, so if everyone could organize a big party that would suit me!!:banana::band::banana:

I somehow doubt Redwing would get away without a mention in despatches, but I suspect most of us may have left already by then. You have no permission to leave until you are 120 at least!:)

Anyway that's my feelings on it, but if others wanted it, well I wouldn't mind, that's the beauty of our countries, freedom of speech etc, etc.

Pete

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

I just hope I am the one to finish the bottle of single malt scotch in the pantry... but I do want the song from Peter Pan sung... "I don't wanna grow up..."

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

Note saying below

I'm starting to actively dislike those roadside shrines littrering up the countryside.

I've had a heart transplant(last year) and speaking from one foot in I agree that this forum is not the place for something like that. I come here for the info and the occasional laugh

Neil

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Glad to hear that Neil, I thought I was alone in being such a cold hearted so and so! I don't know where all that came from but it's getting out of hand around here. They even have 'cleansing ceremonies' at accident sites around here. I'm beginning to think I've been around too long. Boys playing with dolls, women in combat, that's why we're probably all doomed to the dark ages again, the whole damn Western world is becoming a pack of whusses.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

"ccsailor", glad you got a new " fuel pump" last year , we enjoy your company!!:clapper:

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

ccsailor wrote:
I've had a heart transplant(last year) and speaking from one foot in I agree that this forum is not the place for something like that. I come here for the info and the occasional laugh
Now here is a man talking from the other side, so thats it. :clapper: No notices or anything like that for deceased members or other m/cyclists. :clapper:I will be in that god damn box soon enough :whip: and i dont want to be reminded about it everytime i come on the forum. :crying:Next thread please. :toast:

:bash: :18red: :bash:

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
I somehow doubt Redwing would get away without a mention in despatches, but I suspect most of us may have left already by then. You have no permission to leave until you are 120 at least!:)
Hey Silverfox :waving:Im like a bad toothache, :headbanger: i never go away. :blowingup:

:blackstuff::18red::blackstuff:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Redwing wrote:
Silverfox wrote:
Hey Silverfox :waving:Im like a bad toothache, :headbanger: i never go away. :blowingup:

:blackstuff::18red::blackstuff:
Glad to hear it!!

Pete

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Hey RedWing, are they going to bury you with the "50"?:baffled:

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
Nah ! I have decided to leave the old 50 :crying:with my neighbour when that day comes. :crying:

:littleangel: :18red: :angel:

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

:weightlifter:Nah it is not new slightly used is what I say

I think I got one from a 19yr old nympo at least according to the other half

Neil

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Redwing wrote:
wingdawg101 wrote:
Nah ! I have decided to leave the old 50 :crying:with my neighbour when that day comes. :crying:
Increasing age requires good math skills, I'm trying to make sure I spend my last dollar the day I croak!

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
imported post

Marky wrote:
Would it be possible to have a little section of the forum so that we could post tributes to bikers that passed away (through accdent or natural causes)? Is this a good idea or just daft?

I don't thing the idea is daft, probably not appropriate on this lively forum,

Living on the 'Road racing capital of the world 'Island we can not travel more than a mile around the TT course, with out coming across a whithered or newly prepared bunch of flowers placed at a spot where a loved one had lost his or her life, in years gone past,can be depressing and takes your not only your eye of the road but the fantastic scenery. With out offending any one who has lost a friend or loved one as I have, I am sure St Peter has his own forum.

To get back to the living, can any one help with my Technical problem posted.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
imported post

It's a nice thought Mark, but I'd prefer we just gave a mention when someone passes on, like we do already. A permanent momorial on the forum is over the top IMHO.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.