Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I just upgraded the forum from version 1.61 to 1.62. Mostly small changes that many users won't even notice. Here's the list;

• The topics you have visited are now stored in the database instead of cookies. So, regardless of the computer or web browser you use, WowBB will always remember which topics you have visited. This is useful for those who access the forums from different computers while travelling etc. Note: This works only if you are logged in, and may not be totally accurate in the first week of the1.62 upgrade.
  • Forum "new post" icons on the board homepage will no morebecome "read"as soon as you visit a forum.A forumiconwill stay "unread" until you visit every single unread topic inthat forum. Note: This works only if you are logged in, and may not be totally accurate in the first week of the1.62upgrade.
  • You can now mark a whole forum or all forums read.
  • Users can now delete their avatars. Previously you could only replace the avatar with another one.
  • A "reset cookie" link is included on the login page. This should eliminate most login issues.
  • Significantly faster homepage load times. Thismainly be noticeable when the board is busy.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

That was a smooth upgrade. Being able to havemy read posts etc remembered will be handy as I access forums from several different PCs.

G

·
imported post

Yuck ! ! :baffled:That was the longest few hours I ever spent at home. :crying:I thought my promotion was being discussed at a general meeting and now we are told that it was about other changes on this forum. Ah well. !:whip:

:walker: :18red: :walker:

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
imported post

It wasn't that long Redwing, less than an hour I think. I seen the notice (its gone now) about 3pm telling us the forum would be offline from 3.30. It was back up before 4.30. I think you should get off the island a bit more, but let us know in advance next time so we can cancel the search posse and save the taxpayers cash! :p

G

·
imported post

Hey Heffo, :action:It felt likes weeks out here. :whip: We dont have any fancy lights or shops like you city boys and time feels a lot longer on the Islands. :crying:The news going around was that you had left the country, :baffled:becauseyou had not been heard on the forum, :stumped: and now you appear all of a sudden giving out to me and your not even a "Guru"I told you before that we dont pay any tax on the Island. :clapper:

:walker: :18red: :walker:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Don't believe them REDWING, we really did have a secret meeting online.

Sometimes paranoids are right!:cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
imported post

Hey Redwing

Two days into the New year I hav'nt seen the New Years honers list posted yet, or are the honers offered by PM first.:D

Come on Wingnut don't keep Redwing in suspence.:whip:

G

·
imported post

manxblackcat wrote:
Hey Redwing

Two days into the New year I hav'nt seen the New Years honers list posted yet, Come on Wingnut don't keep Redwing in suspence.:whip:
Hey manxblackcat, :waving:I have notseen any list yet, :baffled:maybe there is some kind of meeting going on behind closed doors. :whip:

:coollep: :18red: :coollep:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.