Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Update, January 22nd; Please scroll down to post number 5

Hi folks. The forum software will soon be upgraded to version 1.7. The admins of various WOWUltra forums are beta testing at the moment and I thinkthe finalreleaseshould be available for us fairly soon. This is a major upgrade with some really good new features. There are about 20 new features including the ones for admins, and a few bug fixes. Some of the improvements are;

Added Features (these are just the ones I can remember or understand, there are a lot more in addition to the ones below);

1. Ignore member/add member as friend. This speaks for itself. If you don't like the way some members post you can make their posts invisible and if you like them you can add them to your friends list.

2. Collapsable forums. You've probably seen this onphpbb typeforums.

3. Improved emoticon order. The smilies won't all load together when we want to make a post, they will open in a new window and only the initial lot will load. This will greatly speed up the page speed when we are making posts.

4. Added PM button to members profiles. This makes it easier to PM someone from the profile page.

5. View single post feature. If you want to point someone to a single post in a thread, this shows just that single post. This is great for threads with lots of posts where you would normallyhave to scroll down to findthe particular post.

6. Red dot to show topics you have alreadybeen in. We won't accidentally visit the same thread twice.

7. Menu change in top menu options with drop downs. I'm not sure if these will be available in the side menu.

8.Added paper clip to show topics with attachments. A small spinning paperclip beside the topic title means thereis at least one picture in the topic.

9. Threadrating. Youwill be able to"rate this thread" with from one to five stars.

Bug fixes;

FIXED bug where using quick reply marks watched topics unwatched
FIXED bug where during posting the topic review showed incorrect online-offline colors.
FIXED cell width in forum jumper.
FIXED bug where user names were not clickable in calendar.

I will keep you posted on developments. Sorry I can't give you the link to the beta testing, Jim at Ultra has asked that we keep this between ourselves.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

Just a quick note to say that the upgrade will be available any day now. When it's released, I'll probably wait a few days until the Ultra forum owners who just have to be first to get it, rush out and do the upgrade straight away and find any bugs for us. ;)

Once I know it's a stable release, we will upgrade here.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Update; At long last, we will be upgrading the forum tomorrow around noon EST (5pm GMT). We will need to turn the forum off for a while until the new files are moved/edited.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

I think a lot of bikes will be getting polished during that time :D

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

Way to go Steve, always tinkering and fine tuning.

Many thanks,

Longboater,

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

UBarW wrote:
What are we going to do while its off?
Hopefully it shouldn't need to be off for very long.

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

dang... i dont know what im gonna do!!!!.. no bike and no forum!!!! ITS GONNA BE RLY BORING :'(!!!!!

:D Good luck with the upgrade Steve... Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

Is there any way to set up the PM's to add people to a address book so you can send multiple people PM's ??

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

wingnut wrote:
UBarW wrote:
What are we going to do while its off?
Hopefully it shouldn't need to be off for very long.
As always, Steve, I am grateful for all your efforts. I's just kiddin' bout that whiney face...

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
imported post

nightwizard40 wrote:
Is there any way to set up the PM's to add people to a address book so you can send multiple people PM's ??
phewwww.....Puff..Puff:crying:

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
imported post

Hope that number isn'ta bad oman.

Anyone know any
[shadow=red]V O O D O O [/shadow]
to uncast any bad spells?

What could be moreironic, the website be back upat, 1.23, 4:56

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
imported post

Now wait a minute....
You are going to shut this place down at noon time on a Friday?
What are those of us stuck working or so called working suppose to do all afternoon?
So because of you upgrading this place. I got to take the afternoon off and go riding?????

Seriously - Thanks for all you do for us and like it was said earlier... Backup, backup, backup

·
Premium Member
10,010 Posts
imported post

yeh real nice guys, you could have done this around midnight my time here in Australia, now what am i to do???.....go find me a floozy to occupy my time till the light comes back on ;) ;)

1 - 20 of 150 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.