1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

There is a chap over @ Vic's site that has homemade forward controls & an electric shifter. Very cool set-up.:action::action::action::action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
imported post

Not for me. My wifes Shadow Aero has forward controls. I don't like the feel. A buddy at work has a sportster he thinks they are great. Just what you are used to I guess.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

UBarW wrote:
maybe if he put bigger pictures, I cant tell what they do or where they go...
Same thing I thought when I looked at the site. If the guy wants to sell these then he needs to put up some close ups of the product. Can't see it, I won't buy it.

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

The only real problem I see with the forward control system shown is that it appears the case guards must be removed in order to install them.

I like the concept, just not the application.

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

MDKramer wrote:
The only real problem I see with the forward control system shown is that it appears the case guards must be removed in order to install them.

I like the concept, just not the application.
Mike, Case gaurds are still there.

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

fysty-1 wrote:
I don't think so Fysty.

They look pretty gone to me.

Edit: Wait a second, I didn't notice the pix on yours as I was looking at the ones over at Jim's, and we posted at about the same time.

My bad.

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

MDKramer wrote:
fysty-1 wrote:
I don't think so Fysty.

They look pretty gone to me.

Edit: Wait a second, I didn't notice the pix on yours as I was looking at the ones over at Jim's, and we posted at about the same time.

My bad.
Mike I am so sorry, I was about to point that out but didn't see your edit.:shock::shock::shock::shock:

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
imported post

I really like the concept, just cant' get a clear view of everything, I would like to make some.

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts

·
Premium Member
63,096 Posts
imported post

Had them on a Honda Magna.. They drag real easy.. When they hit, they hit hard.. No folding.. I don't think they're very practical...

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Zryder who's a sometimes member here but used to hang out on Vic's site and the Naked Goldwing site made up a set of forward controls if I remember correctly. I don't know if he liked them in the end of not. I don't think I'd like them for two reasons. I suspect a day's long ride with them would make me feel like a wishbone that's been split. It would mean a real spraddled riding postion.Another thing is it would mean a lot more effort lifting your legs back up to the controls in stop and go traffic. The last objection I'd have would be rough roads. With forward controls you can't lift you butt off the seat for upcoming bumps, it's going to be a lot more jarring.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
imported post

I haven't recieved any response as of yes, but it is way early in the morning I'll have to be patient for a few days.
Thx Tom

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

Calflash wrote:
I'll stay stock, thanks for the info.
Calflash, stock is just as nice as radically custom. Just different. Also thanks for coming back from VN and for serving. and all the others on this forum who served. It is too bad that there were not more of people like me in the 60's/70's, that helped DDers across the line, then maybe there would have been no war in VN & consequensly hatered of those who served. By the way, I feel as Exavid about having to ride any distance with FC's.:action::action::action::action::action::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.