Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I was getting gas flowing out of one of the hoses on the bottom of my GL1500, I had assumed it was a sticking float in the carb. However as I drove, I could smell gas. I decided to purchase some carb cleaner to see if it would help. As I drove back home and popped open the gas lid, I noted there was gas in the plastic catch basin that surrounds the gas tank opening. It was draining into the tube that was leaking gas.
So I started it back up and the square part that the gas lines flow into and out of is leaking. First of all, what is this part and secondly, is it fixable or just replaceable. I don't want to drive it anymore until I make the repair so I appreciate your help in letting me know what I should do.
Thanks much!!
Dave

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
It’s the vacuum shutoff,there’s a diaphragm inside that ruptures,easy fix but kind of difficult to line it up when replacing,use caution.u can bypass it till you get it fixed.

·
Premium Member
1,472 Posts
If you want to ride the bike while your waiting for the kit you can disconnect the hose that goes into it and run it directly to the fuel filter.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Are you talking about the vacuum operated petcock(2 fuel lines and a vacuum line?) If so not sure if a repair kit is available, you may have to replace complete unit

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just looked it up and only available complete from Hond at about $150 but rebuild kits listed on ebay. Never done one so no idea how easy
I think they called it petcock auto or somethong similar

·
Premium Member
3,271 Posts
Just looked it up and only available complete from Hond at about $150 but rebuild kits listed on ebay. Never done one so no idea how easy
I think they called it petcock auto or somethong similar

In post #3 there is a link to the rebuild kit for the fuel petcock. Cyclemax has them in stock and they are easy to install. Cost is $18.20 plus shipping.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts