Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

i thought oil was leaking from valve cover on the right side.now comes big problem i found bolt loose on the bolt that holds tac cable in it is striped.also shift lever seal is leaking.what i need to know what comes out when i take fuel pump and houseing off? can it be tapped to maybe a course thread.or am i screwed:shock::shock:

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
imported post

The pump comes off easily. You might try a slightly longer bolt as sometimes there will still be a few mm of good thread further down in the housing.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

The best repair would be to install a heli-coil in the stripped bolt hole. It will be stronger than original and still use the same size bolt as original. There's a small seal that goes in the hole that the tach cable butts up against, if that little seal is gone or worn out you'll get a leak. I've used an O-ring slightly sanded down on both sides as a replacement for that seal with good results. The shifter seal is just a press fit, pry it out and replace with new. Be sure to tape the sharp edges of the shifter shaft and lube the shaft and seal well before reinstalling the seal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.