Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Crazy old guy we called "Mr. Green Jeans" ran a garage behind Harvey's Auto Supply. He was a crazy old poot and I never payed much attention tountil I took my truck down and just asked his advice. He told me to go to the junkyard and buy a GM electronic distributer. Rebuild it. Put in a new factory coil. New factory distributor cap and solid copper wires. AC38TS non resistor plugs. I did. On the second day after I took the truck to the primary driver. My wife when she got off work. She drove the thing down the block and to the light. I was behind her in the ford. At the light she accidentallypeeled out the tires when she took off. At the next light she gave me a double thumbs up out the window.

I say use good NGK plugs and solid wire. I mean hell, The sound of a good running engine is far better than a dammed radio. When I ride my bike I listen to IT. Not the stereo. I've never had a stereo. Installing new solid wires and replacing the cap internal resistors with solid brass rods connected to good new plugs gave me a smoother more powerful bike.

·
Administrator
26,145 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.