Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does any one know if the master cylinders on a GL1500 will cope with 4 piston brembo calipers?
Spav

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Just so you know you aren't being ignored mate, sorry I don't know the answer to your question.:(

With luck someone may know the answer, since I am guessing you are on a quest for better braking on your 15?:)

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
imported post

I imagine the Master Cylinders will work fine.

This being a closed properly bled System, The piston throw is enough to exert the force you need.

The real question will be is how the proportion valve handles the difference in braking when the pressure is shared from rear bakes to the left caliper on the front.

Now that you will have quite a big gain in difference in braking from a stock system.

But if things are equal but increased efficiency. This problem may not even be a problem.

Either way, Be sure and send us some pics on your mounting of the Calipers and the new feel of the brakes.

Good Luck and great Idea.

Mohawk

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks for the support I should find out this weekend. I decided to uprate the brakes after a trip last year. heading up the A43 when a set of traffic lights changed was doing about 65 with sidecar and trailer tent put the brakes on and ............went straight through the lights and that is with a linked sidecar brake. The calipers are being mounted as floating calipers on a pair of EML leading link forks, so i am hoping that braking wont be so scary this year.
regards SPAV

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

There may well be a few sidecarists that will be very interested to hear about this and how you get on, so please report back with your findings Spav. :clapper::waving:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.