Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Magical, isn't it? How two-wheel transportation can change your mood almost instantly? How it creates what AZ calls, "the lazy man's zen?" I remember, with almost perfect clarity, first riding a bicycle, probably about sixty four years ago..... and the sense of mastery, power, and freedom it gave to me. I was transformed.

Of all the things I've done in my life, nothing has made me feel better, more complete, more alive, than simply riding between two wheels!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
imported post

Amen, CJ, Amen :claps::claps::claps:

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
imported post

During my working career, I had a job that took me everywhere east of the Mississippi river and North and South of the USA's borders. I saw ever idiot on the road that I care to see, including me. (I drove home to Pa. from St. Louis, doozing the whole time) As the years past, I hated driving, I don't use that word, "hate", much at all, and didn't want to drive at all. After I picked up motorcycling again, I'm back in the groove, I've traveled all the states with it and parts of Canada.

·
Village Whack Job...
7,907 Posts
imported post

I don't know CJ. Riding between two legs is right up there between riding between two wheels. At least for me.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Broke Winger wrote:
I don't know CJ. Riding between two legs is right up there between riding between two wheels. At least for me.
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Well.....yeah! But I thought that was understood.....!

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
imported post

Broke Winger wrote:
At this stage of my life, while I still enjoy the one, I can do the other a lot longer and more often ( and without all the begging).:ROFL:

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

I take it that none of you guys have ever driven a Dodge Viper.

Me neither:ROFL::(

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
imported post

I remember the first bike and that magical feeling too! My 20 inch playboy bikewith the bannana seat. I could do a wheely on that thing forever! Of course I only weighed about75 lbs at the time!

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

I could not agree more CJ...especially when those 2 wheels are moving your soul to places it's never been before. Like today when John and I decided to take a ride up the Apache Trail. Took us about 6 hours to log around 100 miles, and around 200 shots on my camera.

Had a couple hard moments when I realized that my back seat was empty (Gina loved riding in mountains), but we got through it.

And yes CJ...that is what you think it is there next to John's White Knight.

I could get in a lot of trouble with that thing! :ROFL::ROFL:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Yeah, careful, buddy..... those sports tourers will suck ya in! Glad you had a good time; there is nothing wrong in it, (having a good time), you've been tempered, through the fire.... you deserve it.... Ride well and safe and happy, my friend....

(John: good on ya......)

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

With 4 wheels you drive it, with 2 wheels you experience it the moment you touch those bars :action::action::action::action:

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul....."

I may just have to "borrow" that, CJ....I like it.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

MDKramer wrote:
I could not agree more CJ...especially when those 2 wheels are moving your soul to places it's never been before. Like today when John and I decided to take a ride up the Apache Trail. Took us about 6 hours to log around 100 miles, and around 200 shots on my camera.

Had a couple hard moments when I realized that my back seat was empty (Gina loved riding in mountains), but we got through it.

And yes CJ...that is what you think it is there next to John's White Knight.

I could get in a lot of trouble with that thing! :ROFL::ROFL:

Mike, good to see you get out and relaxing a bit.

John, what can I say. You are doing something wonderful for a fellow member!!!!!:bow::thumbsup::applause:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

sandiegobrass wrote:
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul....."

I may just have to "borrow" that, CJ....  I like it. 
Borrow it all you want, Sandie, I did! You do know that I wasn't the first to say that, right? That's why I put it up there in quotation marks...... lol....... I can't remember where I first heard, or saw, it.....

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

CJ, I hadn't heard it before.. and since you are the creative writer that you are.. I just ass u me d.. (well you get the picture.. )

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.