Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

It's only on the headstock, also there is a VIN label on the right side of the frame.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey letterwing :waving: Welcome to the best Goldwing Forum on the net. :clapper:What model of wing do you own. :jumper:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I've just bought a 1991 1500SE anniversary complete with colour matchedtrailer and all the extras, only 24k miles and mint,its in Jersey Channel isalndsand I'm in Donegal so a trip to collect is on the cards for this weekend. returning via france.

Has anyone any tips for ensuring the bike remains upright during the crossing, whats the best way to tie down a wing.

I need the frame number for the insurance companybut the current owner can't find it on the bike!

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

Frame # is on the right side of the headstock, stamped from top to bottom. You may have to move some wires put of the way to read it all. As for ferries, strap it down on the side stand, not main stand. Old towel on the saddle to stop the strap damaging it.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey letterwing :waving:Congrats on your new :15red:and Trailer. :clapper:The best of good wishes on your return journey home. :skipping:What colour is the :15red:

post a photograph of her when you get her home. :weightlifter:Any help you need this is the place to look for it. :jumper:

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks for the help and good wishes, getting the ferry Sunday night so should be homeby Monday evening with a good wind at my back, if there isn't a ferry strike!

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

Safe riding with your GL1500 letterwing, take extra caution when pulling the trailer. :waving:

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

letterwing wrote:
Thanks for the help and good wishes, getting the ferry Sunday night so should be homeby Monday evening with a good wind at my back, if there isn't a ferry strike!
Hey letterwing :waving: Just checking to find out if you have returned with your :15red:and trailer, or maybe their was a ferry strike.:stumped:I hope we dont have to send out a search party for you. :baffled:

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Arrived safe and sound last Monday evening, a very pleasant crossing on the ferry, not the best tie down service I have seen, had to do-it-yourself, then fiveand a half hours from Rosslare to Letterkenny (260miles). Sunshine all the way. Bike and trailer are both excellent and a lot easier to ride than I thought a Goldwing would be. you would not know the trailer was on the back but it did get some funny looks on the way.

I had never ridden a goldwing before and thought they would be much more cumbersome, but after 10 years of big capacity trail bikes I think my leg muscles have been sufficently developed! Comfort is the biggest advantageI have noticed to date, after 10 hours and 500 miles I could still walk, try that on an Africa Twin.

I have been giving it a good going over for the last week, just the air filter to figure out now, nothing is exactly easy to access on a wing. Anyone know from experience how oftern you should change the timing belts, the bike is 14 years old but only 24k miles?

Any trips in Ireland organised for the remainder ofthe year!

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey letterwing :waving:Nice to know that you arrived home safe after a long journey. :clapper:Just be careful when towing your trailer, always remember that it doesn't have any brakes. :headbanger: One of the "Gurus" will help you out with the timingbelts and air filter. :jumper:wexman is theguy that organises the runs so send him a PM and he will keep you informed. :cooler:

What colour is your :15red:

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Thanks Redwing, its a 1991 Anniversary model, Gold and Brown with North American Indian themed artwork on Panniers and Trailer, very tasty!

Think I might have seen Wexman at a filling station on the way up from Rosslare last Monday. Does he have a red 1800?

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the Forum!! I know you will enjoy it!!! :waving: :waving: :waving:

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

letterwing wrote:
Thanks Redwing, its a 1991 Anniversary model, Gold and Brown with North American Indian themed artwork on Panniers and Trailer, very tasty!

Think I might have seen Wexman at a filling station on the way up from Rosslare last Monday. Does he have a red 1800?
Hey letterwing :waving:Nice wing but not the fastest colour. :stumped: Yeah wexman rides the fastest colour :18red::clapper: You can see his :18red:eek:n his Avator.

Good luck with your :15red:and have many safe (s)miles. :weightlifter:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.