Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

It seems since I had the overheating recall done my bike seems to run hotter. Like the only change was what the gage indicated or am I dreaming. Also I had the frame weld recall done and it seems like the ride is a little different like the center line changed. Did anyone else nnotice these things?

Later

Great Pumpkin:action:

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

From what I've read on the 1800 forums, most bikes that ran hotter after the fix did so because there was still air bubbles trapped in the system. Apparently the design of the system makes it difficult to bleed all the air out when replacing the coolant and this makes the engine run hotter.

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

The bubblesshould come out on their owneventually, but, there are special coolants which which tend not to bubble and therefore keep engine temp cooler and help eliminate detonation.

Evans is one and Water Wetter is another I'm familier with.

Vic

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

I heard from a couple of dealers that the gl1800 does indeed trap air for longer, The radiator filler cap is apparently not at the highest point in the cooling system and this is a no-no in cooling system design. A bleed nipple would appear to be the answer as someone mentioned already. Why is it that the 1800 only hold a similar amount of coolant to the 1500 anyway? Surely bigger radiators with more coolant would help keep the gl1800 cooler without overheating?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.