Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Being a fairly new 1800 owner I have a couple of questions concerning the latest frame recalls & the history behind the problem.

1. What is the earliest bike made that has had a problem reported and repaired? It seems from the recalls that the '01's and early '02's are pretty much safe.

2. If this is the case, what welding procedure was changed in this time frame to cause the problem and what is being done to the '05's that has eliminated the problem?

After reading a lot of posts here about the frame problems I bought my '01 for this reason. In the latest recall it say's "These units will be inspected. If necessary repaired", ('01 & early '02's) which also leads me to believe there was a welding procedure change between the mid '02 & '04 models.

If this has been addressed before I apologize for asking again.

Thanks,
LTH

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

LTH wrote:
Being a fairly new 1800 owner I have a couple of questions concerning the latest frame recalls. It seems from the recalls that the '01's and early '02's are pretty much safe.
If this has been addressed before I apologize for asking again.
Hey LTH, :waving:I was nearly going to welcome you to the forum, :baffled:but i see your a member here as long as myself, :stumped:but dont make much use of the great service that these guys provide free of charge. :crying:Anyway all your answers are provided here at http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum1/917.html

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.