Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi forum members...my first post.

This looks like a great forum for this classic bike and I hope to spend a good amount of time here learning from you.

I'll keep this simple.

I have an 83 1100 parts bike, Inherited by someone else and then abandoned without getting proper title transfer. I purchased what was left and it is mostly intact. I like working on bikes and would like to build a personalized 'Wing. This rig needs a total stripdown and rebuild and some parts like starter and brake caliper etc.

So, I need a frame with good title or a parts bike with title.

Does anyone know what year range I'm going to need to search for ? Do I need another 1200 series or will one of the earlier 1000 bikes work ? I think '84 and up won't work.
Thanks for your help. Brad.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

You'll need another 1100 frame with a title. They pop up on Ebay from time to time. 80-83 was the years for the 1100.

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
imported post

In Oklahoma in your circumstance, one may apply for a Title 42 Abandoned Title. They attempt to notify previous owner in their system, and if no response from PO, the DMV issues you a title. What about your state?

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

If you come to south of Little Rock, I have an 80 frame and signed title you can have for $50. It is just taking up space for me. It even has the swingarm and differential.:)

Gene:waving:

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Gene,

If your frame has a good title and is straight it sounds like what I need. Little Rock is not that far from me. I'll try to PM you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.