·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
imported post

Kind of sad for the Mother but a good deal for some person assumably in AZ...

Les

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
imported post

Wow. That's sad. Hopefully junior didn't die crashing the bike.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
imported post

I saw the same kind of ad here a few months ago,it was a Yamaha FZR1200 for free because the boy died and it held too many memories for the family..When I asked about the location of the bike so I could come pick it up I was given a phone number of "the movers" that had it in storage and could arrange for delivery by them. I was assurred it was in good shape and that I wouldnt be disappointed. When I pressed for the location of the bike I was again given instructions on how to get in touch with "the moving company". It was a SCAM, Now I just ignore these kinds of ads, nobody is going to give away a bike to a complete stranger in these tough economic times. I am not cynical, just realistic.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

It's generally a scam to get you to front money for "storage" or "transportation" fees.

Not trying to get you for thousands - just hundreds.

Nothing to see here, carry on.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

If she really had a motorcycle to give away, I'm sure she could find a taker without needing to post it on the internet.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Scam!

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

Scam. I posted about the same last week. Found the ad in the free "Shopping News".

...why is it always a '88?

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
imported post

CaptainMidnight85 wrote:
......why is it always a '88?
Maybe new enough to have value to a wide audience, old enough to sound realistic.

The scammers love those who walk around thinking that they will/can never be scammed.

Bill

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
imported post

Since it looks like they've mapped out its location, anyone nearby can check it out. Then again, it might become an easy theft for those inclined of such activity.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

Don't know about this one, but the other one I posted about said that he had a west African sister available as a bride. I did a search on the e-mail address to find that..

I think someone was harvesting e-mail addresses, but don't know for certain.

The "recycler.com" portion of this one matches the other though...

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
imported post

It's all a scam. It's been showing up all over for about a year now. It's Funny how it's the same bike, same story, even the same email. Try Googling it to see all the different ads.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,657 Posts
imported post

Nahhhhhh, Google's gotta be all wrong, that's my grandmother and she wouldn't hurt a fly.....

ummmm, maybe it's my Grandmother's ghost? We laid her to rest back in the '70s :raspberry:

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
imported post

Here is the reply they sent me..

Thanks for your interest and sorry for the late response , First of all i will like to introduce myself to you , My name is Robert Gank and my wife name is Jane Gank , Am 61 years old and my wife will be 57 next coming month. We just have the chance to check our emails today, The bike is still available and its not for sale am only giving it out like i said on the advert.

We are currently located in San Diego , California and the Honda bike is at Honolulu , Hawaii. I have already asked movers to bring the Bike here from my son's house in Honolulu and was going to put up a new ad here in San Diego , California. But my wife Advised me to ask one of my friend to put up the ad on your Newspaper as she doesn't want to see the bike anymore cos of the memory of his son sudden death. She thought if we place the ad here in San Diego , she might still come across with you riding the bike. So at the moment i have put stop of moving the bike back to us in San Diego , California.

We bought the Motorcycle for our son as his birthday gift last year september. Its HONDA 1988 GL1500. It is 5weeks now since he died and we would like for it to be passed out and seeing the bike always brings back it memory and it makes my wife cry, as the house will be emptied soon and I myself will be relocating to Winnipeg, Canada where I shall stay with other family members for care.
Where are you based pls? If you are able to afford the delivery charges I can coordinate the movers to deliver the bike to you where-ever you are located in the state as I only gave them the instruction not quite long.
Please let me know your position ( your full names and delivery address ) maybe I can contact the movers. I have attached a photo of it. This was taken two weeks ago.

Note that: Am giving this bike to you to maintain it and use it very well for yourself , Due to the sudden death of our son. So we are not selling the bike to you. Also i should have been riding the bike myself , But due to the love i have for my wife , I dont like to see her crying as she wouldnt like to be seeing the bike.
Mr and Mrs Gank.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
imported post

a proper reply back:

dear Mr. Gank,

as luck would be, I happen to live right here in Honolulu. just give me the movers address and I will swing on by over there and solve your problem.

thank you,

Mr. Beno Dumass

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
imported post

If it sounds to good to be true its a LIE ITS A LIE ITS A LIE !!!!:shock:

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
imported post

Having sold some expensive stuff on Craigslist and Kjiji that brought out the scammers I can tell yea without a doubt this is a scam …” let me introduce myself” that’s an obvious pitch …one thing to note a good number of these scammers are not American or Canadian they may be from a country that does not have a good grasp of our language so it sounds just a bit off or complicated…the scammers are fishing and until they hook you it may not be obvious what the scam is ..could be as simple as identity theft or money order scam for shipping

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.